Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Samuel Perron is a versatile lawyer who practises mainly in commercial litigation and restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
His services are regularly sought by financial institutions, secured and unsecured creditors and insolvency professionals.
In commercial litigation, he deals mainly with contract disputes, shareholder disputes and matters relating to restrictive covenants (non-competition and non-solicitation) and to commercial leasing. Within this context, he frequently acts in matters involving emergency procedures such as injunctions and safeguard measures.
Mr. Perron teaches at the Quebec Bar Admission Course, where he teaches the course on prior claims and hypothecs.
He practises law in both English and French.
LL.B., University of Montreal, 2012
- Quebec 2014
Mr. Perron has recently acted for the following clients:
- Financial institutions in various security enforcement, bankruptcy and insolvency matters
- Export Development Canada, in its capacity as secured creditor and interim lender, in the context of the restructuring proceedings of Xebec Adsorption Inc. et al. pursuant to the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act and Chapter 15 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Raymond Chabot Inc., in its capacity as receiver, in connection with the receivership of Société en commandite Portage
- An international crane rental and heavy lifting company for the alleged breach of non-competition and non-solicitation clauses, in the context of a legal action for damages brought against this company
- Corporations in commercial litigation resulting from breach of contracts and associated damages
- Corporations or minority shareholders in the context of partnership disputes and proceedings under business corporations laws.
- Insurance companies as the issuer of surety bonds for the construction industry: - Security enforcement, bankruptcy and insolvency matters - Debt recovery matters - Construction claims filed by and/or against the insurance company
- Corporations in civil and commercial litigation resulting from commercial transactions and contracts
- Corporations in the context of legal actions for injunctive reliefs and/or for the alleged breach of non-competition and non-solicitation clauses
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada: Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2024
- "The Supreme Court of Canada confirms that, barring rare exceptions, shareholders cannot bring proceedings when a corporation suffers damages that result in a loss in the value of their shares," Norton Rose Fulbright, December 2018.
- "L'obligation de bonne foi de l'institution financière," February 8, 2022.
- "Principes de base en matière de cautionnement," October 5, 2022
- "Bankruptcy and Insolvency Annual Review," Canadian Bar Association, Quebec City, December 6, 2021, Montreal, December 8, 2021.
- "L'obligation de bonne foi de l'institution financière dans le contexte d'un rappel de prêt et/ou lors de la fermeture de comptes bancaires," Quebec City, February 3, 2021.
- "Bankruptcy and Insolvency Annual Review," Canadian Bar Association, Quebec City, November 3, 2020.
Mr. Perron is frequently invited to be a guest speaker at conferences relating to his practice areas.
- Jeune Barreau de Québec (Young bar of Quebec City)
- Canadian Bar Association - Member of the National Executive Committee, Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Turn Around Management Association (TMA)