Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Construction and engineering
- Litigation and disputes
- Banking and finance
Samuel Perron practises mainly in commercial litigation, security enforcement and bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
His services are regularly used by financial institutions, secured and unsecured creditors and insolvency professionals.
In commercial litigation, he deals mainly with contract disputes, shareholder disputes and matters relating to restrictive covenants. Within this context, he frequently acts in matters involving emergency procedures such as injunctions and safeguard measures.
He also represents various stakeholders in the construction industry.
Mr. Perron joined our Quebec City office after having practised as a litigation lawyer at another private firm in Quebec City.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2012
- Quebec 2014
Mr. Perron has recently acted for the following clients:
- Financial institutions in various security enforcement, bankruptcy and insolvency matters
- An international crane rental and heavy lifting company for the alleged breach of non-competition and non-solicitation clauses, in the context of a legal action for damages brought against this company
- Corporations in commercial litigation resulting from breach of contracts and associated damages
- Corporations or minority shareholders in the context of partnership disputes and remedies under business corporations laws.
- Insurance companies as the issuer of surety bonds for the construction industry:
- Security enforcement, bankruptcy and insolvency matters
- Debt recovery matters
- Construction claims filed by and/or against the insurance company
- Corporations in civil and commercial litigation resulting from commercial transactions and contracts
- Corporations in the context of legal actions for injunctive reliefs and/or for the alleged breach of non-competition and non-solicitation clauses
- A performance hall, in a legal action brought against it by a condominium association for alleged neighbourhood disturbance
- Raymond Chabot Inc., in its capacity as receiver, in the matter of the receivership of Société en commandite Portage
- "The Supreme Court of Canada confirms that, barring rare exceptions, shareholders cannot bring proceedings when a corporation suffers damages that result in a loss in the value of their shares," Norton Rose Fulbright, December 2018.
- "Bankruptcy and Insolvency Annual Review," webinar, Canadian Bar Association, Quebec City, December 6, 2021, Montreal, December 8, 2021.
- "L'obligation de bonne foi de l'institution financière dans le contexte d'un rappel de prêt et/ou lors de la fermeture de comptes bancaires," Quebec City, February 3, 2021.
- "Bankruptcy and Insolvency Annual Review," webinar, Canadian Bar Association, November 3, 2020.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Jeune Barreau de Québec (Young bar of Quebec City)