Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Tech sector
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
Key industry sectors
Carl Boulva practises business law in our Montreal office. His practice focuses on private mergers and acquisitions, carve-out transactions, venture capital financing, complex commercial arrangements and corporate and commercial law.
Carl has developed a varied business law practice ranging from advising both institutional investors and emerging companies in early- and later-stage financings, to advising small and medium enterprises in the context of mergers and acquisitions as well as multinational corporations on large-scale transactions.
In addition, Carl completed a six-month secondment at a large multinational client based in Montreal where he gained valuable experience working on cross-border transactions hand in hand with the corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions team.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Quebec 2017
Matters in which Carl has been involved include the following:
- Coveo Solutions Inc. in connection with an equity investment round for aggregate proceeds of C$227 million led by OMERS Growth Equity
- Lithion Recycling Inc. in connection with an equity investment round for aggregate proceeds of up to C$125 million lead by IMM Investment Global Limited
- Various investments by a life science venture capital fund in innovative biotech, pharmaceutical, and medtech companies in Europe, Canada and the United States
- Bombardier Inc. in connection with (i) the transfer of the C Series aircraft program to Airbus, (ii) the sale of its aerostructures and aftermarket services businesses in Belfast, Northern Ireland (known as Short Brothers); Casablanca, Morocco; and Dallas, Texas; to Spirit Aerosystems for US $275 million, (iii) the sale of Bombardier's electrical wiring interconnection system assets in Querétaro, Mexico, to France-based Latécoère, and (iv) in other cross-border asset dispositions
- HEXO Corp in connection with the acquisition of Redecan, Canada's largest privately owned licensed producer, for a combination of cash consideration of C$400M and the issuance of common shares of HEXO Corp.
- Volex PLC in connection with the acquisition of Prodamex SA de CV and Terminal & Cable TC Inc. for a total cash consideration of C$22.5 million
- RONA inc. in connection with the strategic acquisition and sale of certain establishments from and to its franchisees
- Solotech Group Inc. in connection with the acquisition of Pro Sound, Inc., including Pro Sound, Inc.'s Stage Equipment and Lighting (SEAL) brand, as well as affiliates Pro Sound CA, Inc., and Show Systems, Inc.
- Young Bar Association of Montreal