Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Financial services and regulation
- Employee benefits and executive compensation
Ntokozo is a banking and financial services lawyer based in Johannesburg.
Ntokozo provides advice to private and public sector clients on the financial regulatory framework. He had advised clients on regulatory compliance with instruments such as the Pension Funds Act, Financial Sector Regulation Act, Financial Advisory Intermediary Services Act, Banks Act together with all the relevant regulations.
He has also advised pension funds on governance, conflict of interest management, executive appointments, contractual arrangements and rule amendments amongst others. In addition he has also been part of the team that acts in the State Capture Commission and Supreme Court of Appeal litigation.
As an article clerk, Ntokozo, has gained extensive experience general insurance law, financial regulatory laws and special lines insurance, including home and motor insurance. Ntokozo has also been exposed to various complex insurance and employment litigious matters. He has been involved in forensic investigations relating to executive misconduct and he formed part of the team that initiated disciplinary hearings relating to employee misconduct for parastatals (such as PRASA and ACSA just to name a few).
LLB, University of Zululand (cum laude), 2017
- Attorney qualified in South Africa 2020
- Procuring Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services and forex investments, over the counter derivative provider licences for various international banks venturing into the South Africa banking market in order to provide intermediary services in South Africa
- Advising an umbrella pension fund on the avoidance of conflict of interest as it relates to dealings with administrators of pension funds
- Advising a global markets company on exchange control regulations and market conduct having regard to the Financial Markets Act
- Acting for various pension funds in litigious disputes in relation to service providers and various breaches of service level agreements
- Reviewing service level agreements for alignment with the Pension Funds Act, Financial Services Regulations and Protection of Personal Information Act
- Drafting agreements for a crypto currency entity and providing advice on the applicable exchange control regulations
- Conducting a review and amending an enabling legislation for a parastatal entity
- Providing ongoing advice to a client in various ongoing injuries by commissions within the Parliament of South Africa, relating to various investigations into the governance of state-owned companies and government departments
- Advising and acting for a client in a litigious dispute with a total quantum of R480 million before the Supreme Court of Appeal.
- "COVID-19 and the potential use of medical scheme reserves" - Financial Institution Legal Snapshot (April 2020)
- "Jurisdiction of the Financial Services Tribunal : medical scheme matters" - FA News (July 2020)
- Amendments to the Financial Sector Regulations published - Financial Institution Legal Snapshot (August 2020)
- "Pension Funds: Section 37D(1)(b)(ii) and Employer requests to withhold member benefits" - Financial Institution Legal Snapshot (March 2021)
- "There is no direct access to the Pension Funds Adjudicator" - Financial Institution Legal Snapshot (September 2021)
- "Regulation of crypto assets at the door: A further step following the declaration of crypto assets" - Financial Institution Legal Snapshot (October 2021)
- Jurisdiction of Pension Funds Adjudicator and Financial Services Tribunal over no-participating employers - Financial Institution Legal Snapshot (March 2021)