Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jessica Kearsey is an employment and labour lawyer. Her practice is focused on a wide range of labour relations matters, including grievance arbitration, collective bargaining, interest arbitration, and mediation. She is an experienced advisor to clients in the hospital and hospitality industries.
Jessica offers a broad range of service to employers, including providing strategic advice in labour relations, acting as lead or supporting spokesperson in collective agreement negotiations and interest arbitration, and providing comprehensive and effective representation on behalf of employers in proceedings before all employment-related tribunals. Jessica also has experience in human rights litigation as it relates to labour and employment matters.
Ms. Kearsey has recently acted for the following clients:
- A large acute-care regional health centre in local collective bargaining, interest arbitration, and rights arbitrations
- Ontario's second-largest regional health centre in a jurisdictional dispute before the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- A hotel management company in strategy related to collective bargaining
- Lexpert Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40, 2017
- "My Top 7 Tips for Advocacy," The Advocates' Journal, February 2018
- "Managing Planned and Unplanned Workplace Absenteeism," Human Resources Professional Association, July 2017.
- "Lessons from 2016 and Tips for 2017," Human Resources Professional Association, January 2017.
- "Attendance Management Seminar," Lancaster House, October 2016.
- "Damages for Mental Distress," National Academy of Labour Arbitrators, Scottsdale, AZ, March 2012.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario