Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Penelope Ford is a construction and engineering lawyer in Perth.
Penelope is an experienced litigator with a twenty-plus year history of dealing with claims and disputes for a wide range of commercial and government clients. She has a particular focus on construction, oil and gas, and project-scale disputes.
Over the course of her career she has had carriage of numerous high value and complex matters before superior courts and tribunals across several jurisdictions. She has a proven track record of advising both principals and contractors in relation to the resolution of construction disputes including in respect of structured negotiation, mediation, adjudication, contested superior court litigation and international arbitration.
Penelope also has a keen interest in early, strategic claim and dispute management with a view to assisting clients to avoid long running proceedings if possible.
Significantly, Penelope has spent several lengthy periods in-house on secondment with major international corporations assisting to manage and respond to claims and disputes. This experience has given her a very practical and commercial perspective on dispute management and resolution from which her clients are able to benefit.
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2003
- Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory 1994
- Federal Court and High Court of Australia 1997
- Presenter and Chair, Legalwise Construction Law Seminar, 2016
- Panel member, Cyber Attacks – Dispute risks, ACC Conference, 2016
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Karrakatta Club, Western Australia
- National Association of Women in Construction