Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Tobias Grans is a transaction specialist in our Munich Corporate M&A team. He focuses on national and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations in the energy and technology sectors, including innovative business models. Tobias also frequently assists in venture capital investments, as well as with corporate and compliance matters in the energy sector.
He studied Economic Law (LL.B.) at the University of Osnabrück (Germany) with a particular focus on corporates and banks. Tobias obtained a master's degree in International Economy and Business (M.A.) at Andrássy University in Budapest in September 2017. During his master program, he worked as a research associate for a renowned international law firm in Budapest. After graduation and prior to joining the firm in February 2018, he worked as a research associate at the chair of business administration at Andrássy University (Budapest).
Tobias is a native German speaker and fluent in English.
- Not admitted to the German Bar
- ARCUS Capital AG and the founders of seo2b GmbH on the sale of digital marketing agency group detailM GmbH to AURELIUS Wachstumskapital SE & Co. KG.
- The founders of the multiplayer technology start-up zeuz GmbH on its sale to Improbable Worlds Limited.
- Swiss utility Energie 360° AG on the sale of BHKW Holding to Innio, a portfolio company of Advent International.
- Marubeni on the proposed acquisition of a minority share in a listed German utility.
- The shareholders of sendmoments GmbH on the disposal and partial co-investment to Arcus Capital AG and BE Beteiligungen Fonds.
- Swiss utility Energie 360° AG on the reorganization of several companies that it owned in the CHP sector; and on the indirect acquisition of project developer and service provider Thomsen & Co. GmbH and service provider EPS Rental, both active in the CHP sector.
- A consortium of insurance companies on the envisaged acquisition of a minority participation (49%) in a major German water supplier with a big German utility as co-shareholder.
- BMW on a joint venture with Daimler, combining their global mobility services for car sharing, ride-hailing, parking, charging and multimodality.
Energy storage, e-mobility and energy venture capital
- Munich-based business travel start-up Lanes & Planes GmbH on its Series A financing round.
- BayWa r.e. Energy Ventures GmbH on a Series B investment in the photovoltaic start-up Zolar GmbH.
- Enel X on its investment in e-mobility platform Hubject.
- Smart Energy Innovationsfonds AG (SEIF) on its Series A investment in iLocator GmbH; and on its Series A investment in VoltStorage GmbH and subsequent financing rounds.
Renewables projects (wind onshore/offshore, PV, geothermal)
- Eavor Loop on the acquisition and subsequent development of a geothermal project in Geretsried.
- A German project developer on building a large-scale solar project in an African jurisdiction.
- SUSI Partners on the disposal of an international onshore wind portfolio with assets in Germany, Italy, France, Belgium and Finland; and on the disposal of an international PV portfolio with assets in Germany, Italy, France and Belgium.
- Swiss based pension fund IST3 Investment Foundation on the acquisition of a 24 MW operating German solar park.
- Prüfungsverband deutscher Banken e.V. on its investigation into the admission of HSH Nordbank AG as a member in the auditing association.
- Various utilities/energy companies on energy trading matters.
- Various utilities/energy companies on compliance matters, including assistance and training on compliance with national and European market regulation and trade sanctions, introduction and training on general compliance programs and internal investigations.
- A major oil and gas company on the relocation of its trading business in the EU post Brexit.
- Co-author of Getting the Deal Through – Gas Regulation 2019, Germany
April 28, 2021
February 27, 2020
February 12, 2020