Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Bester is a director in the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions Team.
He specialises in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions (both cross-border and domestic), corporate finance and corporate restructurings. He also has expertise in general commercial law, structured trade and commodity finance, and empowerment transactions.
Bester's previous experience includes a term in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice of New York firm, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP.
Bester is a fellow of the Cyrus R. Vance Centre for International Justice Initiatives in association with the New York City Bar
- Thebe Investment Corporation Proprietary Limited and its subsidiaries in relation to (i) the share acquisition transaction in terms of which Thebe Noblesfontein (RF) Proprietary Limited acquired 12.5% ordinary shares in Coria (PKF) Investments 28 (RF) Proprietary Limited (the Project company for the 75MW wind farm near Noblesfontein located in the Northern Cape Province) and the shareholders loans in Coria (PKF) Investments 28 (RF) Proprietary Limited held by Nfontein One (RF) Proprietary Limited;
- Kagiso Tiso Holdings Proprietary Limited in its acquisition of the 49% shareholding in Kagiso Media Limited that it did not already beneficially own. The transaction value was estimated at ZAR1,9 billion;
- Absa Group Limited in its ZAR18.3 billion acquisition of Barclays Bank Plc's African operations in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia and the Barclays Africa Regional Office in South Africa (I led the due diligence group that went into Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda);
- Thebe Investment Corporation Proprietary Limited in the restructuring of its interest in Shell South Africa Group;
- Thebe Investment Corporation Proprietary Limited in the restructuring of its interest in the Cape Point Partnership;
- Thebe Investment Corporation Proprietary Limited in the restructuring of its interest in the Thebe Healthcare Group.