Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Johnny Liu is corporate lawyer based in Shanghai.
Johnny has ample experience in corporate matters, covering foreign direct investment, joint ventures and acquisitions with particular focus in the technology, media and telecom (TMT) sectors. Johnny has also advised clients on a broad spectrum of regulatory and compliance matters/projects.
He qualified in China in 2013 and had worked for three years with a PRC local law firm (practising corporate matters) before joining us in 2018.
Johnny received an LL.B. degree from China University of Political Science and Law and an LL.M. degree from Cornell University in the United States.
Johnny is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese and is fluent in English.
- China University of Political Science and Law – Bachelor of Law
- Cornell University – LL.M.
- Lawyer, qualified in People's Republic of China
- Advising a data centre operator based in Australia on its proposed entry into Chinese market
- Advising an online travel platform based in Australia on its proposed entry into Chinese market
- Advising IBM on the rolling out of Bluemix, a PaaS platform, and its revenue-share model in China*
- Advising SingTel on the impact of various new regulations including Cyber Security Law on its service offerings in China*
- Advising a HK-based aviation company on its proposed acquisition of a major business aviation company in China
- Advising a listed petrochemical company based in Thailand in its acquisition of 10% equity interest of the joint venture holding the leading online transaction platform in the plastics industry
- Advising a leading EU Company on its bid to acquire 50% equity interest of BP in a US$3.6 billion Sino-foreign petrochemical joint venture in Shanghai*
- Advising a foreign-invested advertising agency on the proposed equity transfer regarding a joint venture in China
- Advising a leading supplier of equipment, services and software in the semiconductor business based in US on its transaction agreements with a number of customers in China
- Advising a leading nuclear industry operator in Russia on several cooperation agreements with nuclear industry operators in China regarding construction of nuclear power station in China
* previous firm experience
Publication | July 07, 2020
Publication | May 12, 2020
Publication | January 13, 2020
China published draft regulations for the implementation of the Foreign Investment Law for public consultation
Publication | December 02, 2019