Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Zaid is a corporate lawyer based in the Dubai office.
He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Zaid was based in Riyadh for over five years where he worked for a Saudi law firm and an international law firm.
Zaid studied law in the University of Arkansas and the University of Western Ontario.
Zaid is an Arabic and English speaker.
Law, University of Arkansas and the University of Western Ontario.
- Texas State Bar
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advised a major Saudi sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of a minority state in a regional water and electricity producer.
- Advised an international education provider on its acquisition of a network of schools in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a major British food and beverage company regarding its acquisition of a 35 percent stake in its joint venture in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised a Saudi Arabian state owned hospital regarding its proposed privatization through an auction process. Work included preparing a detailed legal due diligence report, corporate housekeeping, amending contracts and preparing a share purchase agreement and shareholders' agreement.
- Advised a major French international foods and nutrition company on its multi-million dollar acquisition and restructuring of one of Saudi Arabia's largest dairy producing farms. Work included completing an exhaustive due diligence report, structuring the transaction to comply with local foreign investment regulations, co-drafting a joint venture agreement and advising on various foreign investment regulations.
- Co-drafted a shares purchase agreement and shareholders agreement for a private equity bank on its 40 percent acquisition of a seafood franchise.
- Drafted a due diligence report regarding a major French international food and nutrition company on its multi-million dollar acquisition of a stake in one of Saudi Arabia's largest beverage companies.
- Drafted a due diligence report involving a British defense and aerospace company regarding its acquisition of a Saudi Arabian IT company.
- Drafted a due diligence report regarding a private equity's potential acquisition of Saudi Arabia's largest private medical laboratory.
- Prepared a due diligence report for the leading potash supplier in Europe on its acquisition of a minority stake in a fertilizer producer.
- Participated in the preparation of a due diligence report regarding the acquisition of a major regional retail agent.
- Advised a major manufacturing firm on a term sheet for the establishment of a joint venture project with a solar panel manufacturer. The proposed joint venture was for the creation of an $800 million solar panel manufacturing plant.
- Drafted a joint venture agreement between a major engineering and construction contractor and a Saudi Arabian contractor for the establishment of a limited liability corporation.
- Advised a major international multinational food manufacturer regarding its dispute with its local joint venture partner. Advice focused on potential defaults, remedies, assessment of the enforcement of the provisions of the SHA and the formulation of strategies going forward.
Regulatory and compliance
- Advised a Saudi government agency regarding the structuring of a proposed healthcare transaction involving a foreign investor.
- Created a regulatory compliance spreadsheet for a major global financial institution with various taxonomies concerning securities and financial regulations passed from August 2014 until the present.
- Advised a major American investment bank regarding the qualified foreign investor regulations in Saudi Arabia, which opened up the Saudi stock exchange to foreign investors for the first time as well as an extensive analysis on the Authorised Person Regulations and other capital markets' regulations.
- Drafted a legal due diligence report for a sovereign wealth funds participation in a private placement for a multi-billion-dollar project.
- Drafted a risk analysis report on behalf of a large Chinese telecommunication company. The report highlighted key laws (corporate, foreign investment, anti-corruption, telecommunication, intellectual property, anti-dumping, and competition) pertaining to the Chinese company's operations and included: key legislation, responsible governmental authorities, penalties or violations.