Ione Deda Alves
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Ione Deda AlvesvCard
Related services and key industries
Ione Deda Alves is an associate in the employment and labour group and a member of the immigration law team. In her practice, she works with employers of all sizes, unionized and non-unionized, in both public and private sectors..
Ms. Deda Alves provides advice to employers on all labour law matters, including issues related to hiring, termination, disciplinary or administrative actions, labour standards, human rights and freedoms, restrictive covenants pertaining to employment, government programs, certification and the interpretation, application and drafting of employment contracts and collective agreements.
Ms. Deda Alves has also developed an interest in business immigration issues and international mobility and is involved in a number of turnkey services for employers, including obtaining the authorizations required by the Quebec and Canadian authorities for hiring foreign nationals in Canada.
During her studies, Ms. Deda Alves worked in the litigation department of the Ministry of Justice and of the Superior Court of Québec. Her university and professional experience in Quebec has enabled her to build on her experience acquired in Brazil as an employment and labour lawyer.
- Quebec 2019
- "Commentaire sur la décision Godin c. Aréna des Canadiens inc. – Une action collective visant à réclamer des heures supplémentaires aux salariés payés sur une base annuelle," Bulletin en ressources humaines, La référence, Éditions Yvon Blais, May 2021, EYB2021BRH2439.
- "Fausses déclarations sur le questionnaire des symptômes de la COVID 19 : peine capitale confirmée en arbitrage," Global Workplace Insider, February 2021.
- "Fermeture des commerces non prioritaires et télétravail obligatoire pendant la période des Fêtes au Québec," legal update, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, December 2020.
- "L'obligation d'accommodement raisonnable à la suite d'une fusion d'entreprises au Québec : du maintien du lien d'emploi à la sauvegarde des conditions de travail," Global Workplace Insider, November 2020.
- "What to expect after the Canada Emergency Response Benefit," legal update, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, September and October 2020.
- "L'obligation de se couvrir le visage au Québec : de nouvelles mesures annoncées," Global Workplace Insider, August 2020.
- Board of directors, Service d'Orientation et d'Intégration des Immigrants au Travail (2021 to present)
Fermeture des commerces non prioritaires et télétravail obligatoire pendant la période des Fêtes au Québec
Publication | Le 18 décembre 2020
Publication | October 22, 2020
Publication | September 4, 2020 - 12 PM ET
Publication | April 22, 2020 - 12 PM ET