Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Pier-Olivier Brodeur is a litigation lawyer in our Montreal office. His practice focuses on construction and commercial dispute matters.
Prior to studying law, Mr. Brodeur worked as an engineer with estimation and contractor management teams, where he acquired experience in that area as well as in construction. He has participated in projects of various sizes and purposes, from the construction of residential homes to major public and structuring infrastructures. Since joining the firm in 2018, he has been involved in complex litigation files in construction law and worked closely with project teams and expert witnesses.
During his university studies, Mr. Brodeur was a member McGill University's team in the 2019 edition of the Laskin Moot Court Competition in Canadian administrative and constitutional law.
- Quebec 2020
Mr. Brodeur acts or has recently acted on behalf of the following clients:
- A hydro-electricity producer, in the context of different disputes in connection with the construction of access roads, dams, canals, spillways and distribution substations.
- A consortium of general contractors, in the context of preparing a proposal for the construction of a public transit infrastructure.
- A consortium of engineering consultants, in the context of commercial disputes related to the construction of a public transit infrastructure.
- Owners of industrial facilities, in the context of disputes related to faulty work and defective equipment.
- Insurers and subcontractors, in the context of claims in connection with damages to buildings.
- A supplier, in connection with a dispute over the delivery of allegedly non-compliant products, in the context of the rehabilitation of an iconic street in Montreal.