Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Fraud and asset recovery
- Product liability
- Professional negligence
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- Risk advisory
Michael is a commercial litigator in our Calgary office. He is experienced in advising on and litigating complex disputes involving shareholders, oil and gas stakeholders, commercial real estate developers, and corporations facing contractual issues.
His work includes trial advocacy and appeals, private arbitrations, and offering advice on risk management. He appears as lead and co-counsel for clients during the entire life of a litigation file, from commencement to enforcement.
Michael also represents clients in the insurance industry, and is counsel in litigation matters concerning D&O liability, catastrophic losses, and major industrial projects.
- J.D., University of Victoria, 2014
- B.A., St. Francis Xavier University, 2010
- Alberta 2018
- Nova Scotia 2016
- Lead counsel in a commercial arbitration concerning working capital adjustments
- Lead and co-counsel defending a construction consortium with respect to major public infrastructure projects
- Lead and co-counsel defending oil and gas, telecommunications, and transportation companies from various real estate and contractual claims
- Lead and co-counsel defending property owners, managers, and contractors from various commercial and personal injury claims
- Lead and co-counsel on behalf of commercial property owners and managers regarding breach of contract claims
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch: Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, 2024
- "Left Sharks and Copy Cats: The Super Bowl's Impact on Protecting a Brand" (co-author: Burtley Francis), February 2016.
- "Sickness, Sickness Everywhere, Nor Any Cure in Sight" (co-author: Peter McLellan), August 2015.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association (NS) Professional Development Committee, (2016-2018)
- Director, Halifax Sexual Health Centre board of directors, (2016-2018)
- Volunteer judge, Jessup and Securities Moot Competition