Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Daniel Nevzat is an advisor within our financial services and government relations practices, based in London.
Daniel advises clients on financial regulatory and policy matters, with a particular focus on environment, social and governance (ESG) and sustainable finance. Daniel provides regulatory advice on complex matters, strategic counsel and advocacy support, drawing on his knowledge of regulation, policy and process. He advises a range of clients, including asset and wealth managers, banks, international financial institutions and trade associations. Daniel assists clients at each stage of the rule-making process, from consultation and the development of primary and secondary legislation, regulation and guidance, through to the implementation of final rules. He also supports clients in drafting submissions and engaging UK, EU and international policymakers and regulators.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Daniel managed the regulatory affairs function of a global asset management group, advising on regulatory policy, engagement and implementation issues. He then moved to a public affairs consultancy where he advised banks, asset managers and insurers on policy and political matters.
Daniel has published articles in several respected academic journals on ESG and sustainable finance regulatory topics as well as investment management law, and regularly provides comment to online and print media.
Daniel is a graduate of the University of Manchester (Politics and Modern History, B.A. Hons), BPP University (Law, LL.B. Hons), and King's College London (International Financial Law, LL.M.). Daniel also holds an Investment Management Certificate (IMC) and Certificate in ESG Investing from the CFA Society of the UK.
- Trade association and group of precious metals clearing banks - assisted with lobbying EU and national policymakers on the net stable funding requirement under CRR II
- Asset manager - advised on the impact of EU legislation on the prudential regulation and supervision investment firms, and assisted in drafting regulatory submissions and engaging EU and UK policymakers
- Trade association and its members - acted on the process and strategy for submitting a complaint to the European Ombudsman on the Money Market Funds Regulation
- Asset manager - advised on the interaction between Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and fiduciary duties owed to its clients.
- Global asset manager - represented in drafting submissions and lobbying EU and UK regulators for the costs and charges disclosure requirements under the PRIIPs Regulation
- Global life insurer - advised on the law and regulation applicable to its lobbying activities in the UK, Ireland and EU, including registration, disclosure, and gifts and hospitality
- Global asset manager - advised on the impact of the MiFID II inducements and research rules, and assisted in drafting regulatory submissions and engaging EU and UK regulators
- Asset manager - acted on the impact of the EU sustainable finance package and international standards on climate-related disclosures.
- Brexit Tier 1 - Legal 500 UK, 2019
Blog | July 14, 2022
Publication | July 2022
Publication | December 03, 2021
Webinar | November 18, 2021