Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Nicolas Cassauba is an antitrust and competition lawyer in Hong Kong. His practice covers a broad range of competition law matters, including M&A transactions, regulatory investigations and legal compliance.
Nicolas advises on antitrust regimes in Asia, global competition compliance issues, multi-jurisdictional merger filings, international cartel investigations, and other antitrust matters. He has extensive experience in relation to merger control and has guided parties to complex transactions through merger approval procedures in Asia as well as before the European Commission and other competition authorities around the globe. Nicolas frequently advises on abusive behaviour and cartel investigations in a multijurisdictional context. Nicolas has also assisted companies in the context of dawn raids conducted by the European Commission and other national competition authorities.
In Hong Kong, Nicolas has assisted companies in relation to a wide range of compliance issues and investigations, based on his international experience. He also gained significant experience in setting up and deploying compliance programmes and trainings for diverse industry groups.
Nicolas' experience ranges across various industry sectors, including air transport, telecommunications, energy, construction, hospitality, insurance, shipping, fast moving consumer goods, life sciences and chemicals.
Nicolas graduated from the London School of Economics with a Master of Laws in European Competition Law. He also graduated from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Sciences Po) in Paris with a Master in European Economics Law (competition and regulation) and also holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University Robert Schuman Strasbourg III with a focus on business and European Law.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicolas practiced within the antitrust departments of a number of international law firms in Hong Kong, Paris, Brussels and London.
Nicolas is fluent in French, English and Italian.
- London School of Economics, LL.M
- Sciences Po Paris, Master in Economics Law
- University Robert Schuman Strasbourg III, Bachelor and Master of Law
- Paris Bar 2009
- Mergers in the Technology Sector, Prepared remarks before the 14th Asia Competition Forum Conference, Hong Kong, China (December 2018)
- Rowley and Baker, International Mergers – the Antitrust Process, Hong Kong Chapter (November 2017)
- The Competition Ordinance so far – development, outlook and practical guidance, Seminar for the French Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong (April 2017)