Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Cartels and antitrust investigations
- Merger control
- Regulation and investigations
Nicolas Cassauba is an antitrust and competition lawyer based in Hong Kong. His practice covers a broad range of competition law matters, including M&A transactions, regulatory investigations and legal compliance.
Nicolas advises on antitrust regimes in Asia, global competition compliance issues, multi-jurisdictional merger filings, international cartel investigations, and other antitrust matters. He has significant experience in relation to merger control and has guided parties to complex transactions through merger approval procedures in Asia as well as before the European Commission and other competition authorities around the globe. Nicolas also frequently advises on abusive behaviour and cartel investigations in a multijurisdictional context. Nicolas has also assisted companies in the context of dawn raids conducted by the European Commission and other national competition authorities.
His experience ranges across various industry sectors, including air transport, telecommunications, energy, construction, hospitality, insurance, shipping, fast moving consumer goods, life sciences and chemicals.
Legal guides have ranked our Asia Competition Team as a top tier competition practice and Nicolas as a key lawyer of our team, commenting as follows:
"Nicolas Cassauba has very good knowledge of not only competition law but also commercial issues in connection with competition law" (Asia-Pacific Legal 500)
"Nicolas Cassauba is able to provide very clear legal advice and assessment" (Asia-Pacific Legal 500)
Nicolas graduated from the London School of Economics with a Master of Laws in European Competition law. He also graduated from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Sciences Po) in Paris with a Master in European Economics law (competition and regulation) and also holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University Robert Schuman Strasbourg III with a focus on business and European law.
Nicolas joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Nicolas practiced within the antitrust departments of international law firms in Hong Kong, Paris, Brussels and London. Nicolas is fluent in French, English and Italian.
- London School of Economics, LL.M
- Sciences Po Paris, Master in Economics Law
- University Robert Schuman Strasbourg III, Bachelor and Master of Law
- Paris Bar 2009
- Registered Foreign Lawyer 2015
- The new "Stop-the-Clock" Mechanism under the Amended Antimonopoly Law, the Legal Industry China & Hong Kong chapter (September 2023)
- Updates on the long-awaited amendments to the Antimonopoly Law, the Legal Industry Hong Kong chapter (May 2023)
- European Commission's white paper on foreign subsidies – It's not only merger control anymore: Implications for companies in Asia, Webinar (November 2020)
- Gun-jumping under China's Antimonopoly Law, Norton Rose Fulbright publication (June 2020)
- SAMR proposes to amend China's Antimonopoly Law: Proposals would increase liability under the law, Norton Rose Fulbright publication (February 2020)
- Mergers in the Technology Sector, Prepared remarks before the 14th Asia Competition Forum Conference, Hong Kong, China (December 2018)
- Rowley and Baker, International Mergers – the Antitrust Process, Hong Kong Chapter (November 2017)
- The Competition Ordinance so far – development, outlook and practical guidance, Seminar for the French Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong, China (April 2017)
Publication | November 01, 2023
Publication | September 27, 2023
Publication | July 25, 2023