Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Rex Chan is a banking and finance lawyer based in Hong Kong. He focuses on secured and unsecured syndicated/bilateral lending, and on loan and bond transactions.
Rex was a management trainee in a Chinese bank and he is also a Chartered Financial Analyst. Prior to joining the firm, he served as legal counsel in an Australian bank.
Postgraduate Certificate In Laws, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2011
Juris Doctor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2010
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Tennessee, 2004
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong 2013
- Standard Chartered and ICBC (Asia) – on a US$550m acquisition finance facility provided to China Re Hong Kong Company Limited (a subsidiary of China Reinsurance (Group) Corporation) for the purpose of acquiring 100% of the shares in Chaucer Holdings Ltd., a London based reinsurer.
- Huatai Financial Holdings and CRIC Securities as placing agents - on an offshore notes issuance by a PRC real estate development company and also as arrangers in a loan facility to such company.
- BOCI – on a bilateral US$140m facility agreement to Chinese leading real estate developer Sinic Holdings to refinance its existing loan and bond deal.
- A syndicate of 20 banks led by ANZ, Bank of China (Hong Kong), Credit Agricole and ICBC (Asia) - on a US$500m green loan made available to CGNPC International Limited, with a guarantee from the borrower's parent company China General Nuclear Power Corporation.
- HSBC – on its innovative sustainable supply chain finance program with Walmart.
- A Chinese investment firm - on HK$700m of senior and mezzanine acquisition loan facilities to finance the acquisition of a company owning a residential property development in Hong Kong.
- China Evergrande Group - on a HK$750m syndicated loan facility arranged by Chiyu Banking Corporation Ltd and a concurrent private placement of US$60m 8 percent guaranteed senior secured notes. The loan and note proceeds were used for the acquisition of land in the PRC for development.
- The Lenders - on a Korean ECA-backed post-delivery syndicated financing for 15 crude oil tankers.
- A lessor - on a sale-and-leaseback transaction for two polar module carriers flying Curacao flag.
- Mandarin Chinese