Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Hayley Ha's practice covers a range of corporate and commercial matters with a focus on construction, public procurement, infrastructure and public-private partnerships (P3s).
In her corporate and commercial work, Hayley assists clients on a range of business transactions, including acquisitions, the formation and structuring of businesses, and corporate re-organization and governance. She has experience drafting various commercial agreements for clients in a wide range of industries, including transportation and rail, technology and natural resources.
In her construction and infrastructure work, Hayley advises owners and bidders on public tenders and procurement processes and commercial agreements for the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of infrastructure. She regularly assists owners and contractors with the structuring of procurements, drafting complex procurement documents and negotiating commercial agreements.
Prior to joining us, Hayley spent several years as in-house corporate counsel advising on commercial, construction, procurement and corporate governance matters at a regional transit agency in Ontario.
J.D., University of Toronto, 2014
B.A., University of British Columbia, 2011
- British Columbia 2018
- Ontario 2015
Ms. Ha has acted in the following select matters:
- Broadway Subway Project (DBF) – Counsel to the Province of British Columbia on the procurement and construction of a $2.83 billion extension of the existing SkyTrain system in Vancouver, which will include elevated guideways, bored tunnels and six underground stations in a busy urban corridor
- Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project – counsel to the Province of British Columbia on the procurement and construction of $3.12 billion extension of the existing SkyTrain system to Langley, British Columbia, which will include elevated guideways, eight stations, three bus exchanges, park-and-ride spaces, 55 SkyTrain vehicles, and an operations and maintenance centre
- Comox Valley Water Treatment (DB) Project – Counsel to the Comox Valley Regional District on its $126 million design-build project for a new water treatment system
- Eric Hamber School Replacement Project (DB) – Counsel to Vancouver School Board on its $92 million design-build project for a replacement school building
- Zero Emission Bus Financing – Counsel to Go Zero Emission School Bus British Columbia Inc., the purchasing agent for 60 British Columbia school districts, in the negotiations of a credit facility with Canada Infrastructure Bank that will be used to assist with the funding of the purchase of zero-emission buses by the school districts
- Project Sand Dollar – Counsel to Nzia Limited in preparing a successful response for the Central Bank of Bahamas RFP for development and implementation of a central bank digital currency, including drafting and negotiating teaming agreements
- Counsel to Metrolinx – on several design-build-finance (DBF) infrastructure projects that form part of the Regional Express Rail program, including Union Station upgrades project, Cooksville GO station redevelopment project and Stouffville corridor stations improvements project, in Ontario