Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Michael is a corporate and commercial lawyer who works with a wide array of clients on project financing, mergers and acquisitions, public private partnerships and secured lending transactions. Michael's practice also involves working with scale-ups and innovation companies in the negotiation of research and development agreements, commercialization contracts, corporate governance and securities matters.
Michael has experience on transactions across a variety of industry sectors, including technology, transit infrastructure, renewable energy, and mining, and has represented project sponsors, borrowers, and commercial lenders.
Michael began his legal career with a national law firm in Ontario's Waterloo region.
- Ontario 2018
P3 and Project Finance
- Stage 2 LRT Project – advised the City of Ottawa with the Trillium Line Extension Project and the Confederation Line Extension Project totalling $4.66 billion in investment
- Energy Services Acquisition Program – advised Public Works and Government Services Canada and the Department of Justice in connection with the $1.03 billion Energy Services Acquisition Program/Energy Service Modernization project
- Wisokolamson Energy Project – advised Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg in connection with the provision of a credit facility for the construction and operation of an 18 MW wind farm project near Riverside-Albert, New Brunswick
- Fruta Del Norte – advised Lundin Gold Inc. with respect to the project financing of the Fruta del Norte gold mine project in Ecuador
- Buritica Gold Mine – RK Mine Finance Master Fund I Limited in connection with Triple Flag Mining Finance Bermuda Ltd's subordinated US$100 million stream facility in the Buritica gold mine project
- Bloom Lake Mine – advised the lenders in the US$200 million refinancing and ongoing development of the Bloom Lake Iron Mine located outside of Fermont, Quebec
- Advised a publicly listed Canadian cannabis company with the consolidation and restructuring of credit facilities
Technology and M&A
- A Canadian technology company in connection with its acquisition by a US based private equity fund
- An international private equity fund as part of a $24 million Series B financing for a Canadian technology company
- Financing of $30 million acquisition of certain Canadian and US corporate governance corporations
- Ontario Bar Association