Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Tech sector
- Regulation and investigations
- Communications, media and entertainment
Andrew Pattinson is a competition and regulatory lawyer based in Sydney. He advises on complex competition issues in Australia and abroad. Andrew has experience working both for and against the ACCC and is uniquely placed to help clients navigate a range of difficult competition issues.
Andrew's experience extends to regulated sectors in Australia, including advising clients on access regulation and market entry issues in telecommunication, energy and transport markets.
As well as Australian competition law experience, Andrew has experience advising on competition matters in various African jurisdictions including South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Tanzania and COMESA (the supranational competition regulator for the East African bloc).
Andrew has advised clients on complex and novel litigious matters including excessive pricing and cartel investigations and prosecutions.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Competition Economics, King's College London (2020)
- Diploma in Law- Legal conversion, Sydney University (2020)
- LLB, Rhodes University (2012)
- Bcom, Rhodes University (2009)
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia - proposed $15 billion acquisition of TPG.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc - successfully obtaining merger clearance in a global transaction in which GlaxoSmithKline plc reached agreement with Pfizer Inc to combine their consumer health businesses into a new world-leading Joint Venture, with combined sales of approximately US$12.7 billion.
- Obtaining competition clearance for Thales' EUR 4.8 billion acquisition of Gemalto.
- Obtaining competition clearance for RMS for its sale of Tasmanian hardwood plantations.
- A client in the construction sector - in relation to a merger with a close competitor, raising competition issues in over 20 different markets.
- A prominent technology company - in making submissions to the ACCC in relation to the Google/Fitbit merger.
- A large pharmaceutical company - in relation to claims of misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Assisting clients in the telecommunications sector on a variety of regulatory issues.
- Recognised as "One to Watch" in the Competition Law space, Best Lawyers in Australia 2023.