Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Dietrich Marquardt is a competition/antitrust & regulatory lawyer based in Sydney.
He advises Australian and international corporate clients on all aspects of competition law, including in relation to multi-jurisdictional matters, and is experienced in securing merger clearances for complex transactions.
Dietrich's practice spans across a wide range of industries including pharmaceuticals, medical & biotech, industrials & chemicals, energy & utilities, and telecommunications.
Dietrich has extensive experience advising on complex and large scale merger clearances, third party access regimes, anticompetitive conduct, as well as advising on other collaborative arrangements within the bounds of competition law, such as the structuring of joint venture arrangements. He also has experience representing clients in investigations conducted by the ACCC, and other regulators, in a variety of industries.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- Combined Bachelor's Degree: Law and Business, University of Tasmania
- High Court of Australia 2015
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2013
- Advising China Mengniu Dairy Company on its AU$1.5 billion acquisition of Bellamy's Australia by way of a recommended scheme of arrangement. China Mengniu Dairy is one of the leading manufacturers of dairy products in China and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Bellamy's is a globally recognised Australian organic brand business, selling organic food and infant formula products for babies and toddlers.
- Acting for GlaxoSmithKline plc in successfully obtaining merger clearance from the ACCC in a global transaction in which GlaxoSmithKline plc has reached agreement with Pfizer Inc to combine their consumer health businesses into a new world-leading Joint Venture, with combined sales of approximately US$12.7 billion.
- Representing a major financial institution during the course of a regulatory investigation into alleged anticompetitive practices and collusive conduct in the market for foreign exchange products.
- Acting for NBN Co in negotiating an access license with the Commonwealth Department of Defence allowing NBN to roll-out its network to and access 400 Defence infrastructure sites, as part of a $16.2 million contract.
- Acted for a variety of clients in respect of merger clearance applications, as well as providing merger clearance prospects advice, across a range of industries (including healthcare, infrastructure and pharmaceuticals).
- Advising clients in the pharmaceutical and power and utilities sectors in relation to aspects of compliance with Australia's competition laws, as well as industry- and state/territory-specific regulation.
- The Law Society of NSW