Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Francesca Taddeo's practice covers all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, with a focus on class actions concerning securities matters, product liability, consumer protection, civil liability and environmental law. In the context of this practice, Ms. Taddeo has represented a variety of public companies, manufacturers and automotive companies before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal of Quebec.
Ms. Taddeo has also represented reporting issuers in connection with investigations conducted by the Autorité des marchés financiers (Quebec's securities regulator).
- Quebec 2015
- Various reporting issuers, directors and officers in class actions filed under the Quebec Securities Act
- The City of Varennes in a class action instituted following the changing of road itineraries for the circulation of heavy transport equipment
- Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique and André Bélisle v. Volkswagen et al. – Class action filed on behalf of all Quebec residents seeking compensation for alleged damages to their health and the environment as a result of the emissions-cheating software installed on some VW vehicles. Ms. Taddeo represented VW before the Superior Court and Court of Appeal
- Chandler v. Volkswagen AG – Class action filed on behalf of Quebec residents having purchased VW securities and who would have suffered monetary damages when it became public that certain VW vehicles were equipped with emissions-cheating software
- Gagnon c. Audi Canada inc et al. - Class action filed on behalf of Quebec residents having purchased or leased Audi vehicles with a gasoline engine and an automatic transmission. Ms. Taddeo represented the respondents before the Superior Court and Court of Appeal in decisions that confirmed the mandatory application of the Hague Convention to international service
- Durand v. Procureur Général du Québec et al. – Class action filed against a variety of respondents mainly in the manufacturing and telecommunications industries and seeking damages for the cumulative effects of electromagnetic field pollution allegedly suffered by Quebec residents. The application for authorization was dismissed in 2018
- Berdah v. Kiewit/Parsons et al. – Class action filed against a consortium of contractors and the Attorney General of Quebec on behalf of residents alleging damages suffered as a result of work on the Turcot exchange. The class action proceedings were discontinued against the contractor defendants in 2018
- Winner of the 2019 Young Bar of Montreal's English Oratory Competition
- Second-place winner of the 2019 International Debate Championship
- "Avoir un pouls ne suffit plus : regard nouveau sur le critère de représentation adéquate en action collective " with François-David Paré and Maya Angenot, Volume 480 - Colloque national sur l'action collective : Développements récents au Québec, au Canada et aux États-Unis, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2020.
- "Singh et al. c. Société Terminaux Montréal Gateway et al. : La santé et la sécurité priment sur la liberté de religion " (co-author), The Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Branch, October 18, 2016
Board member, Benedict Labre House
Coach, Davies Corporate/Securities Litigation Moot, McGill University Faculty of Law team (2016 and 2018)
Editor-in-chief, McGill Journal of Law and Health
Representative, McGill University, Davies Corporate/Securities Law Moot