Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Gail Reade is a real estate lawyer based in Brisbane.
She has over 10 years experience in retail, commercial and industrial leasing acting for both landlords and tenants nationally, as well as acquisitions and disposals of commercial, industrial and rural property. Gail has substantial experience with State land dealings, including acquisitions, sales and leasing arrangements, and has acted for several State departments and local governments in property matters, particularly leasing and acquisitions.
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2011
- Queensland Government (Department of Environment and Science) - Acting for the Department in relation to major strategic acquisitions of land in North Queensland.
- Queensland Government (Queensland Police Service and QGAir) - Acting for the QPS in relation to its leasing requirements at various airports throughout Queensland, and advising QPS on a long-running lease dispute matter.
- Queensland Government (Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development) - Licensing arrangements as part of the establishment of an 'innovation hub' for entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Powerlink - Acquisition of sites in Queensland for substations and transmission line easements.
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council - State land transactions including trustee leases and permits for use of land by community groups. Advice on leasing arrangements and issues at Council owned aerodromes. Acting in relation to the complex sale of a major Council asset including bespoke drafting, extensive negotiations and mutiple parties.
- ESR, GPT - Due diligence and acquisitions of industrial property.
- Primewest, APN Industria, Growthpoint - Drafting and negotiation of lease documentation for retail and commercial space acting for listed and unlisted real estate investment trusts and property funds.
- National retail franchisors (Grill'd, Shaver Shop, San Churro, Banjo's Bakeries, Sporting Globe and Koko Black) - Lease reviews and negotiations with major and non-major landlords across Australia, preparation of franchisee outlet licences as well as general leasing advice and disputes.
- General Electric - Various leasing transactions for office and industrial space in Victoria and Queensland for General Electric group companies.
Australia: Queensland implementation of National Mandatory Code of Conduct for commercial and retail leases
Publication | June 02, 2020
Publication | April 09, 2020
Update | March 16, 2020
Update | March 10, 2020