Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Adrian Jones is a commercial real estate lawyer based in Melbourne.
Adrian has a particular focus on commercial development, and he advises on joint ventures, development agreements, sales and acquisitions, management agreements, leases, and due diligence.
His transactional experience includes advising on the establishment of investment joint ventures, acquisitions of development sites, and development fund-through transactions.
His clients include student accommodation developers, office and residential developers, renewable energy proponents, and major retail tenants.
He has particular expertise in student accommodation, having acted as General Counsel for a major student accommodation developer and operator in Australia.
- Master of Comparative Laws, University of Adelaide / University of Mannheim (Germany) (2008)
- Bachelor of Law (Hons), University of Adelaide (2003)
- Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Adelaide (2000)
- High Court of Australia 2008
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2006
- ANZ - on property due diligence and pre-sale verifications for a broadacre subdivision in Melbourne's west.
- NAB - on property due diligence and pre-sale verifications for apartment developments on St Kilda Road, and in Malvern East, Victoria.
- Setia – on the AU$101m acquisition of 308 Exhibition Street, being the highest priced vacant land transaction in the Melbourne CBD, to be redeveloped into a Shangri-La Hotel and residential apartments.
- Investa – on the acquisition and fund through of a premium grade office building at 567 Collins Street.
- GPT – on the acquisition and fund through of an A-grade office building on a long-term leasehold basis at 150 Collins Street.
- Arena REIT – on the ongoing management and development of the Arena portfolio of childcare centres.
Commercial Acquisitions & Dispositions
- LaSalle Investment Management – on the acquisition of Pakenham Place Shopping Centre in Melbourne.
- Goodman – on the sale of the 76,000sqm Kmart distribution centre at Truganina to Invesco.
- Scape – on its two joint venture development funds with investors including APG, Allianz, Bouwinvest and ICBC International.
- Scape – on the acquisition and development of over 10 student accommodation sites in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane comprising a pipeline of over 5,000 beds.
- RES – on the acquisition of property rights for the Murra Warra Wind Farm in Victoria, and the Twin Creek Wind Farm in South Australia.
- Pacific Hydro – on the acquisition of property rights for the development of a solar farm in North Queensland.
- Law Institute of Victoria
Publication | April 24, 2020
Publication | April 16, 2020
Publication | July 2019
Publication | June 14, 2019