Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Kyle Genga is co-head of real estate for the Toronto office. He maintains a diverse commercial real estate portfolio, and has acted on some of the country's largest transactions.
Kyle's practice covers all aspects of transactions including: routinely advising clients on purchases, sales and financings (lender's and borrower's side), sale/leaseback transactions, lease securitizations, mortgage bond and debenture issuances, limited partnerships, co-tenancies and other joint-venture arrangements, private equity and mortgage investment funds, commercial leasing and design-build transactions.
- Ontario 1996
- Lead counsel to the purchaser of a 90 property portfolio of CIBC banking centre locations across Canada as part of a sale/leaseback transaction and related acquisition financing
- Lead counsel to the borrower in connection with a $200 million first-ranking acquisition credit facility with respect to the purchase of 2 Bloor Street West and Cumberland Terrace, Toronto
- Lead counsel to the developer in connection with construction loan facilities for several major downtown Toronto condominium sites
- Co-counsel to a consortium that acquired 17 shopping centre properties from Primaris Reit as part of a larger $4.5 billion dollar transaction
- Lead counsel to the vendor of a portfolio of 14 industrial and mixed use properties in the GTA with a total leasable area of approximately 1.2 million square feet for a purchase price of approximately $100 million
- Represented the owner/developer in the negotiation of a lease for an approximately 1 million square foot shipping and receiving facility and related $84 million construction loan facility
- Counsel to a joint-venture involving a Canadian public real estate company and a foreign investor in the acquisition and first mortgage financing of three residential apartment building complexes and Shariah compliant master-lease transaction.
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, in connection with property advice on the Canadian aspects of an $800 million multi-jurisdictional syndicated loan facility
- Co-counsel to the joint venture in connection with the acquisition of ING Summit Industrial Fund LP (including indirect interests in 400+ industrial property portfolio) for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $2 billion
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, in the creation of a $300 million Mezzanine Mortgage Fund targeted at the retirement home and long-term care sectors.