Related services and key industries
Lisa Koch is a finance lawyer based in Sydney; she recently relocated from London.
She advises on project finance and related transactions primarily in the mining, energy and infrastructure and commodities sectors. Lisa's focus is on cross-border and international transactions, with a particular focus on emerging market mining and infrastructure financing. She works closely with banks and sponsors on the structuring and bankability aspects of resources projects, to ensure lenders' concerns are addressed, whether a project finance structure or an alternative form of financing is used. She has advised extensively on offtake transactions in the metals and minerals sector, in relation to offtakes linked directly to financing arrangements, and stand alone offtakes.
Lisa sits on the advisory board of Blue Nodules, an EU funded consortium investigating the viability of deep sea mining.
Lisa is qualified to practice in both England and South Africa.
- Attorney qualified in South Africa 2011
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales 2014
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2018
Eurasian Resources, DRC – advising ERG in relation to the development and financing of its copper and cobalt mine in the DRC through a Chinese EPC contractor and its copper cathode offtake and prepayment arrangements with its Chinese offtaker
Yara Dallol Potash mine, Ethiopia – advising Yara International and Liberty Metals and Minerals in relation to the development and financing of the Dallol Potash Project, a potash mine to be developed in Ethiopia
Centerra Gold, Turkey, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan – advising in relation to the project financing of Centerra's greenfield Oksut gold mine in Turkey by UniCredit and EBRD, and the restructuring of its corporate facility with EBRD to finance its mining activities in Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan
Solar project, Ukraine – advising VTB Capital in connection with the EUR175 million facility provided to Activ Solar GmbH for the purpose of financing a 100 MW solar power project in Ukraine
Alufer Mining Limited – advising in relation to its bespoke bauxite offtake and marketing arrangements with the Orion Mine Finance Fund for its project in development in Guinea
- 'Sharing mining infrastructure', published in Mining Journal's 2014 Africa Mining Finance Guide
- 'Financing infrastructure in a tough market', published by Mining Journal 20 December 2015
- 'Investors go to water: recent developments in offshore and deep-sea mining', published by Mining Journal 28 November 2014
- Blogs published on Inside Africa include 'How should international investors deal with dispute resolution issues in Ethiopia', 'Ghanaian Real Estate: Opportunity for growth in the construction industry', 'Zambia's fight to boost investment incentives for mining', and 'Global African Investor Summit talks agribusiness'
Publication | January 21, 2022
Publication | January 14, 2022
Publication | November 03, 2021
Publication | August 24, 2021