Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Katrijn Thys practises corporate and commercial law related to energy and infrastructure projects.
She has experience advising on finance documents and project documents in the energy and infrastructure sectors. She is experienced at drafting and interpreting engineering, procurement and construction agreements, purchase and sale agreements, services agreements, and a variety of finance agreements, including asset-based lending, project finance and acquisition finance.
Katrijn is a South African‑qualified banking lawyer as well as a member of the Alberta bar. Prior to moving to Calgary in 2019, Katrijn worked in our offices in South Africa and regularly supported and continues to support the projects team on transactions in the Middle East.
- Alberta 2021
- South Africa 2015
Katrijn has acted for the following clients:
- A syndicate of lenders for the existing C.$8.429 billion financing Coastal GasLink Pipeline LP
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the sale of the Travers Solar project to Axium Infrastructure
- Source Energy Services Ltd. in respect of the refinancing of their senior credit facility with a syndicate comprised of FGI Worldwide LLC and CIT Northbridge Credit, as advised by CIT Asset Management LLC
- Tidewater Renewables Ltd. in respect of the strategic renewable natural gas and feedstock partnership with Rimrock RNG Inc. and Rimrock Cattle Company Ltd. and related debt financing
- Compass Directional Services Ltd. in the sale of its operating assets to Cathedral Energy Services Ltd.
- A consortium of lenders on the development of new and maintenance of existing residential compounds procured by Saudi Arabian Oil Company
- A consortium of lenders for a bid submission of a water treatment and transportation plant in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE
- A consortium of lenders for a bid submission in relation to the development by sponsors of two independent sub-sea high voltage direct current (HVDC) systems, comprising of Transmission Cables and onshore and offshore Converter Stations in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE
- "Inter-regional grid infrastructure development in Africa," Inside Africa blog, March 2016, http://www.insideafricalaw.com/blog/inter-regional-grid-infrastructure-development-in-africa-on-the-rise
- "Regulation of small-scale embedded generation and the potential regulatory framework provided by NERSA," Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot, August 2015, http://www.financialinstitutionslegalsnapshot.com/2015/08/regulation-of-small-scale-embedded-generation-and-the-potential-regulatory-framework-provided-by-nersa/
- "Could negative control trigger financial assistance?" Without Prejudice, May 2015
- "Debt review and the National Credit Act," Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot, March 2014, http://www.financialinstitutionslegalsnapshot.com/2014/03/debt-review-and-the-national-credit-act/
- "Can a straw litigant hide behind a company?" Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot, February 2014, http://www.financialinstitutionslegalsnapshot.com/2014/02/can-a-straw-litigant-hide-behind-a-company/
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association