Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Katrijn Thys practises corporate and commercial law related to energy and infrastructure projects.
She has experience advising on finance documents and project documents in the energy and infrastructure space. She is experienced at drafting and interpreting engineering, procurement and construction agreements, purchase and sale agreements, services agreements, and a variety of finance agreements, including asset-based lending, project finance and acquisition finance.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2015
- Keetmanshoop Solar Power Project – Advised Canadian Solar in relation to the financing of the development, construction, operation and management arrangements of a 5MW solar power project to be constructed and developed in Namibia.
- Total 37MW Solar Power Project, Namibia - Advised Total Energie Developpment in relation to the construction and operation and maintenance heads of terms for a bid response to a tender for a 37MW solar power project in Namibia.
- Kathu 1: 100MW CSP (parabolic trough) Power Project, South Africa - Advised the sponsors, led by Engie and including the Public Investment Corporation and Investec, in relation to the financing of the development, construction, operation and management arrangements of a 100MW concentrated solar power project (using parabolic trough technology) to be constructed and developed in Kathu in the Northern Cape, South Africa under Round 3.5 of the South African REIPPP Programme.
- Ilangalethu: 100MW CSP project, South Africa - Advised sponsors in relation to the financing of the development, construction, operation and maintenance of this 100MW solar parabolic trough power project to be constructed near Upington, South Africa under Round 3 of the South African REIPPP Programme.
- Mulilo Prieska PV Project, South Africa - Advised sponsors in relation to the financing of the development, construction, operation and maintenance of this 75MW solar photovoltaic power generation facility located near Prieska, South Africa under Round 3 of the South African REIPPP Programme.
- "Inter-regional grid infrastructure development in Africa," Inside Africa blog, March 2016, http://www.insideafricalaw.com/blog/inter-regional-grid-infrastructure-development-in-africa-on-the-rise
- "Regulation of small-scale embedded generation and the potential regulatory framework provided by NERSA," Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot, August 2015, http://www.financialinstitutionslegalsnapshot.com/2015/08/regulation-of-small-scale-embedded-generation-and-the-potential-regulatory-framework-provided-by-nersa/
- "Could negative control trigger financial assistance?" Without Prejudice, May 2015
- "Debt review and the National Credit Act," Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot, March 2014, http://www.financialinstitutionslegalsnapshot.com/2014/03/debt-review-and-the-national-credit-act/
- "Can a straw litigant hide behind a company?" Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot, February 2014, http://www.financialinstitutionslegalsnapshot.com/2014/02/can-a-straw-litigant-hide-behind-a-company/