Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Ashleigh Egan is an environment and planning lawyer based in Sydney. Ashleigh's work includes both transactional and litigation work for environment and planning. She advises both private and public clients with respect to:
- Planning approval pathways and environmental assessment requirements, including in relation to major projects.
- Compulsory acquisition and valuation of land matters.
- Contamination, pollution, waste, regulatory action and environmental approvals.
- Drafting contractual documents, including environmental deeds and voluntary planning agreements.
- Bachelor of Arts/ Law (with Honours), Macquarie University, 2008
- Master of Commerce (Property Investment and Development) (with Distinction), Western Sydney University, 2017
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW 2009
- High Court of Australia
- Government clients (including TfNSW, RailCorp, RMS) - in relation to numerous litigated and negotiated acquisitions of land for major infrastructure road and rail projects across NSW including in the Land and Environment Court and NSW Court of Appeal.
- Private landowners - in relation to compulsory acquisition proceedings.
- A major developer - in relation to the redevelopment of Barangaroo including advising in relation to major project approvals for commercial towers, residential buildings, mixed use building and public spaces, advising in relation to contaminated land issues.
- A major developer - in relation to the redevelopment of the Sydney International Convention Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct at Darling Harbour.
- Advising in relation to planning approval processes for private clients.
- Advising in relation to Class 1 development appeals.
- Advising clients in relation to contaminated land issues arising from the redevelopment of land.
- Environment and Planning Law Association of NSW
- Australasian Land and Groundwater Association