Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Alexandra McKenzie is an insurance and litigation lawyer based in Perth.
She focuses on director and officer, professional indemnity claims. Alexandra acts for insurers, insureds as well as for corporations and individuals.
Alexandra acts for a wide range of clients, including engineers, website developers, allied health professionals and has previous experience acting for local governments. She has represented clients in various courts and tribunals in Western Australia and nationally including in pre trial conferences, mediations and hearings. In 2018, Alexandra completed a three month secondment with an insurer managing a large portfolio of professional indemity and public liability claims.
- Juris Doctor, Monash University (2016)
- Bachelor of Arts (Politics & International Studies and Media & Communications), University of Melbourne (2013)
- Supreme Court of Western Australia
- High Court of Australia 2019
- Defending a director of a gold producing company against claims of insolvent trading
- Undertaking a secondment to a client, where she managed a portfolio of claims
- Defending a website developer in relation to a negligence claim arising from the construction of an e-commerce platform
- Assisting with the defence of a class action arising from a bush fire
- Acting for a state government body being sued for negligence in relation to a claim arising from the redevelopment of a Highway
- Defending a local government being sued in negligence arising from alleged toxic waste contamination
- Acting for various local governments in relation to various claims
- Defending an accounting firm in relation to the provision of services