Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Rebecca Thomson is a commercial litigation lawyer based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Rebecca offers a broad range of services to clients including advising on litigation and litigation strategies, providing legal opinions and drafting pleadings and related litigation documents. She has represented clients in a variety of disputes including court-based litigation and arbitrations. Rebecca also worked as a legal advisor in the professional services and auditing industry where she provided legal advice catering for specific business policies and requirements. She is a trusted advisor to clients in a variety of industries, including professional services and consulting, auditing, corporate finance, banking and energy.
- LLM (Banking & Stock Exchange Law), University of Johannesburg, 2008
- LLB, University of Johannesburg, 2006
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa
- Acted pro-bono for a Non-Profit Organisation in High Court and Constitutional Court litigation against the State and State-owned entities to interdict the implementation of an electronic tolling system on highways in Gauteng;
- Acted for a large energy sector corporation in various court-based litigation matters and arbitrations;
- Acted for a major cellular telephone company in various disputes;
- Acted for a major South African company with global operations, as well as for its South African subsidiaries in various disputes;
- Worked as in-house counsel (Africa Litigation Leader) for the South African member firm of a global professional services and auditing entity.
The Best Lawyers of South Africa, Best Lawyers, 2019