Technical Advisor (patents)
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Jérôme Lafrenière is a technical advisor (patents) based in Montreal. He specializes in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for mechanical devices, medical instruments and computer-assisted design and manufacturing technologies.
He acquired his know-how through hands-on experience in the field of technological and industrial innovation. His professional background working for a business that develops guided surgery solutions gave him an opportunity to contribute in all phases of a product's life cycle, from its design, its clinical validation to its market launch, all in a highly regulated and competitive environment.
Jérôme was also in charge of the business's production activities, which included the outsourcing of manufacturing to the United States. He simultaneously led various R&D projects involving collaborators from the industrial, university and clinical sectors. Before joining our team, Jérôme was with another large Montreal law firm.
Jérôme advised many clients on how to protect and manage their intellectual property, including:
- A manufacturer of equipment for recreational, agricultural and defence vehicles (multinational corporation);
- A manufacturer of recreational vehicles (multinational corporation);
- A manufacturer of injection moulding technologies (multinational corporation);
- Various developers of medical devices and software for medical applications (businesses of various sizes);
- During his corporate career, Jérôme helped senior management initiate a major partnership with a global leader in the dentistry technology market, acting as senior technical consultant.
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (Quebec order of engineers)