Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Stephen Lam practises intellectual property law, with a focus on obtaining and leveraging intellectual property rights. He regularly prepares and prosecutes patent applications for electrical, computer, and mechanical technology. He also prepares and prosecutes trademark applications.
Stephen assists clients with commercializing intellectual property rights. He advises on intellectual property-related agreements and provides technical and strategic guidance on infringement issues. Stephen is also experienced with freedom-to-operate (product clearance) projects.
Stephen is a licensed professional engineer in Ontario. Prior to practising law, Stephen worked for five years in both North America and Asia as an engineer at a large multi-national semiconductor company. He combines his extensive industry and intellectual property law experiences to assist clients, from start-ups to large high-technology companies, with evaluating technology and developing effective intellectual property portfolios.
- Ontario 2015
- Canada (patents) 2018
- United States (patents) 2019
- Canada (trademarks) 2020
- Adjunct faculty, co-instructor for an upper-year seminar: Commercializing IP, Osgoode Hall Law School.
- "Marketing & Brand Strategy: Fireside Chat" (panelist), Schulich Mini-MBA: Physician Business Leadership Program, April 10, 2021.
- "Intellectual Property - Protecting Your Ideas," Executive Program in Ophthalmology, Schulich Executive Education Centre, December 8, 2019.
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers