Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Of counsel Karen Davis' practice concentrates on various health care matters. She is experienced in assisting clients with compliance plan development and implementation, contract review and negotiation, medical staff bylaws, human subject regulations and federal and state regulatory consulting.
Karen is skilled in advising higher education institutions on legal issues as well. She served as Associate General Counsel of the Washington University School of Medicine. Her practice at the University included managed care contracting, university/hospital affiliations, policy development, research, student affairs, faculty governance and regulatory compliance. She also monitored legislation and regulations relevant to higher education and health issues. Prior to that, she served as Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Saint Louis University.
JD, Washington University School of Law, 1972
BA, Miami University of Ohio, 1969
She is admitted to practice in Missouri. Following law school, she clerked for Chief Judge M.C. Matthes of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit from 1972-1974.
- Missouri State Bar
- Co-author, "HHS Releases Long-Awaited HIPAA Omnibus Regulations," Fulbright Briefing, January 22, 2013
- Co-author, "HHS Publishes Proposed Rule Revising Privacy Rule's Requirements for Accounting of Disclosures," Fulbright Briefing, June 7, 2011
- Co-author, "HHS Publishes Proposed Rule Implementing HITECH Privacy and Security Provisions," Fulbright Briefing, July 26, 2010
- Co-author, "Corporate Governance At-A-Glance," Corporate Governance Newsletter, April 3, 2009
- Co-author, "Joint Commission Proposes New Standard Addressing Disruptive Behavior," Teaching Hospitals and Academic Medical Centers, June 2007
Missouri Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association--member of Medical Staff, Credentialing & Peer Review Practice Group
Washington University Medical Center and St. Louis VA Medical Center, Human Studies Committees
National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), Board of Directors (1991 - 1994)