Related services and key industries
Will Garton is a technology and intellectual property lawyer based in London.
He advises on large-scale technology and business process outsourcing transactions, software and systems development projects (using both agile and traditional development methodologies) and intellectual property and data protection matters, as well as general commercial work.
Will has particular experience of advising banks, insurers, investment funds and software providers, as well as other corporate clients within the e-commerce and telecoms industries.
Will spent six months on secondment to a global investment bank, working on projects involving the distribution, analytics and commercialisation of market data and use of blockchain in global securities financing markets. Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Will gained experience advising a wide range of retail and public sector clients on outsourcing and commercial transactions.
- Certified International Privacy Professional / Europe (CIPP/E), 2018
- University of Law, MSc LPC Law, Business and Management, 2016
- University of Birmingham, LLB for Graduates, 2015
- University of Hull, BA Politics and Philosophy, 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2018
- Co-author with Seiko Hidaka, "Who controls the works produced by artificial intelligence?", Inside Tech Law, January 7, 2020