Senior Associate (Admitted in Australia and South Africa)
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Oliver Kabongo is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Sydney, and has relocated from South Africa.
Oliver focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions transactions. He also advises on joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, corporate restructures and general corporate matters.
Oliver has previously worked for a leading African law firm based in South Africa and another top-tier Australian law firm. Oliver is qualified to practice in Australia and South Africa.
- Bachelor of Marketing, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa (2010)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa (2012)
- Attorney qualified in the Republic of South Africa 2015
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2021
- Connective Group, Australia's leading mortgage aggregator, on merger of its business with ASX-listed financial solutions company Australian Finance Group Limited.
- Advised global leader in logistics and transportation software and services, BluJay Solutions, on the acquisition of Australian-based logistics software supplier, Expedient Software.
- Star Combo Pharma Limited (ASX: S66) on its acquisition of the retail operations of Koala Mall and e-commerce platform, Austoyou Pty Ltd.
- Gradconnection Pty Limited on the sale of its online jobs classified platform which operates in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa and United Kingdom to SEEK Limited (ASX: SEK).
- Amundi S.A (EPA: AMUN) on its acquisition of the Pioneer group companies from UniCredit S.p.A and Pioneer Global Asset Management S.p.A creating the 8th largest asset manager globally.
- Emesent Pty Ltd, a drone autonomy spin-out from CSIRO's Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group, on its seed funding of $3.5 million in venture capital.
Advised the shareholders of Australia's all-in-one online payment system solution, Pin Payments, on their divestment of global payment processing platform, Checkout.com