Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Oliver Kabongo is a corporate and M&A lawyer based in London.
Oliver specialises in tech M&A/investment, venture capital, equity capital markets and corporate advisory work. He has nine years' experience advising financial services and technology companies, including advising on corporate aspects on restructuring and distressed transactions. Oliver has experience acting for both buyers and sellers.
Oliver's experience includes providing advice on regulatory issues in the context of M&A transactions, including dealing with the Foreign Investment Review Board and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, as well as associated transactions such as capital raising and other forms of financing. Coupled with his understanding of the legal and regulatory issues, he has a proven track record in the project management of mergers and acquisitions, including co-ordination with foreign legal counsel, financial advisers, other experts and share registries.
Oliver has been named as one of Australia's best lawyers in the 2023 and 2024 Edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia publication for his work in M&A and corporate law.
Oliver is qualified to practice in Australia and South Africa.
- Bachelor of Marketing, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa (2010)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa (2012)
- Attorney qualified in the Republic of South Africa 2015
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2021
- Advising Geronimo Web3 Agency on acquisition by US company.
- Advising Fishbowl Australia on acquisition by Fishbowl USA.
- Advising Fujifilm on the acquisition of Intelli Messaging.
- Advising global blockchain/NFT company on acquisition of Australian company.
- Advising education-tech company, Seertech on the acquisition of a majority stake by Quadrant Private Equity.
- Advising CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) on its acquisition of DGIT Systems, a provider of configure, price & quote and order management solutions for the telecom industry.
- Advising ServiceNow Elite-level partner, Thirdera, on its growth in the Asia-Pacific region with the acquisition of Service Line Solutions.