Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
William Holmden is a banking and finance lawyer based in Singapore.
William has a broad range of experience advising sponsors, lenders and project companies on various aspects of project financing, with a particular focus on renewables, infrastructure, education and healthcare. He also has experience in acquisition finance and development finance.
William read Jurisprudence (LLB) at the University of Oxford . He joined our Singapore office in 2019 from the London office of an international firm.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2017
- Siemens Bank GmbH, MUFG Bank, Ltd., SMBC and National Australia Bank – advised on the £400mn refinancing of Scottish wind farms owned and operated by Fred. Olsen Renewables AS.
- SEEIT and SDCL Energy Efficiency Income Trust – advised in respect of an RCF and acquisition financing provided by Investec Bank plc.
- A Japanese consortium (led by J-Power) - advised on its shareholder-level entry into the Triton Knoll windfarm project, due to be one of the largest offshore windfarms in the UK once fully operational with an estimated 860MW capacity.
- Aspire Defence – advised in respect of a £1.1bn construction and support services contract with the UK Ministry of Defence in relation to the Army Basing Programme and, later, advising on KBR's acquisition of Carillion's share in the project.
- A range of funders – advised on NHS trust projects, refinancing of NHS mental health facilities and refinancing of NHS Community Health Partnerships.
- Assured Guaranty (as wrap provider) and Pensions Insurance Corporation (as lender) – advised on the development financing of a 30-storey student accommodation block in East London for the University of London.
- UK university – advised the sponsors on a bond financing for the development and provision of student accommodation.