Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
William Holmden is a banking and finance lawyer based in Singapore.
William has a broad range of experience in advising sponsors, lenders and project companies on various aspects of project financing, with a particular focus on renewables, infrastructure, education and healthcare. He also has experience in acquisition finance and development finance.
William read Jurisprudence (LLB) at the University of Oxford . He joined our Singapore office in 2019 from the London office of an international firm.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2017
- Siemens Bank GmbH, MUFG Bank, Ltd., SMBC and National Australia Bank – advised on the £400m refinancing of Scottish wind farms owned and operated by Fred Olsen Renewables AS.
- SEEIT and SDCL Energy Efficiency Income Trust – advised on an RCF and acquisition financing provided by Investec Bank plc.
- A Japanese consortium (led by J-Power) – advised on its shareholder-level entry into the Triton Knoll windfarm project, due to be one of the largest offshore windfarms in the UK once fully operational, with an estimated 860MW capacity.
- Aspire Defence – advised on a £1.1bn construction and support services contract with the UK Ministry of Defence for the Army Basing Programme and, later, advising on KBR's acquisition of Carillion's share in the project.
- Kacific Broadband Satellites Group – advising Kacific Broadband Satellites Group on financing the construction and launch of its first satellite, developed in collaboration with Boeing and a Japanese satellite company.
- PT Well Harvest Winning Refinery: advised a consortium of seven lenders on term and working capital facilities of US$565million for the PT Well Harvest Winning Refinery.
- Assured Guaranty (as wrap provider) and Pensions Insurance Corporation (as lender) – advised on the development financing of a 30-storey student accommodation block in East London for the University of London.
- UK university – advised the sponsors on a bond financing for the development and provision of student accommodation.
- A range of funders – advised on NHS Trust projects, refinancing NHS mental health facilities and refinancing NHS Community Health Partnerships.