Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Francine Legault focuses her practice on occupational health and safety. More particularly, she represents clients before the conciliation and decision-making officers of the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) (labour standards, employment equity and occupational health and safety board) and the Administrative Labour Tribunal (ALT). She also represents the interests of employers before arbitration tribunals.
From 2000 to 2010, Francine was a lecturer at Université de Sherbrooke, where she gave a course on occupational health and safety legislation entitled "Législation en santé et sécurité du travail." She also sat on the board of directors and executive committee of the Canadian Mental Health Association. Furthermore, she is the co-author of "Le congédiement en droit québécois" and "14 Questions Frequently Asked in Quebec Labour and Employment Law."
Before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Francine practised at a large law firm, where she was a partner. Her professional career path also includes eight years working as a graduate nurse in a hospital environment.
- Quebec 1993
Mtre Legault has defended the interests of various businesses specialized in the aeronautics industry, including Bombardier Aerospace, Airbus SEC and Aeronautics.
She also represents clients in the retail and agri-food industries such as Reitmans (Canada) Limited, Catelli Foods Corporation, Pac-Rite Meat Products Inc.
Finally, Francine represents a multitude of businesses operating in several other industry segments at either the federal or provincial level.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2012 to 2019
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016 to 2019
- 2018 – The Supreme Court Rules: Certain Provisions of the Pay Equity Act Are Unconstitutional
- 2018 – The Court of Appeal Clarifies the Rules for Transferring Benefit Costs
- 2017 – Selecting Candidates – Medical Aspects and Detection Tests
- 2016 – The Status of Teleworkers
- 2015 – June 6, 2015, Is the Deadline for Safe Management of Asbestos by Employers