Associate: Compliance and General Counsel
Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Elsa acts as internal counsel to the South African practice, based in Johannesburg.
She provides legal advice on a broad range of compliance related issues. These include issues such as ethics, anti-bribery, corruption, conflicts of interest and client acceptance.
Elsa was previously with a large auditing firm and has experience in the following:
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact a company;
- Review of various types of legal documents and contracts (such as contracts with vendors and suppliers as well as with clients and customers) ensuring compliance with legal requirements and internal company policies;
- Updating of various legal documents and company policies, ensuring compliance with legal requirements;
- Negotiating, drafting and executing various types of legal documents and contracts on behalf of a company;
- Drafting of legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents and advising executives within a company;
- Working alongside other departments and stakeholders within a company;
- Advising a company on the status of contracts, legal risks, legal liabilities, compliance with regulations, reporting obligations and corporate governance associated with various types of legal documents and contracts.