Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Anne Meadows is an antitrust, competition and regulatory lawyer based in London. She is part of our contentious regulatory team, focusing on investigations, economic regulation, and competition and regulatory litigation.
Prior to joining the practice, Anne trained and qualified at a Magic Circle law firm in London, where she gained experience across a broad range of EU and UK competition and regulatory law. This included advising the special railway administrators of Railtrack on competition law and regulatory matters.
Anne has increasingly focused her practice on competition investigations and appeals, economic regulation, judicial review, compliance and enforcement.
She has also gained valuable public sector and in-house experience, in her roles at: Ofwat, the economic regulator of the water sector in England and Wales, where as a Principal Legal Advisor she was responsible for a wide range of competition, public law and regulatory matters, including, regulatory determinations, judicial review proceedings, competition investigations, licence enforcement and advising on new legislation; and at the predecessor to the CMA, the Office of Fair Trading, when on secondment she worked on policy issues and liaised with Government and other stakeholders on amending the Competition Act 1998 and drafting related guidance.
Anne draws upon this experience when advising clients on their ongoing strategic engagements with the authorities.
- BA (Hons) Jurisprudence, Worcester College, Oxford, 1997
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) Postgraduate Degree, Worcester College, Oxford, 1998 (with a particular focus on Competition Law, Comparative Public Law and European Business Regulation)
- Legal Practice Course, The College of Law, Chester, 1999
- MA Jurisprudence, Worcester College, Oxford, 2002
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Rising star in The Lawyer's New Faces article, 2010
- The Regulatory Perspective, Commercial Judicial Review and Regulatory Proceedings Conferences, LexisNexis Butterworths, 2012