Caio Prado Rocha
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Caio Prado RochavCard
Related services and key industries
Caio Prado Rocha is an antitrust, competition and regulatory lawyer based in Brussels.
He advises national and multinational clients on all aspects of European competition and regulatory laws. He focuses on EU antitrust law, State aid, public procurement as well as foreign direct investment and merger clearance procedures.
Since joining the firm in 2019, Caio has advised clients on horizontal and vertical agreements as well as market behaviour of companies in a dominant position, carried out multi-jurisdictional filing assessments, notified mergers to the European Commission, assessed the applicability of State aid restrictions to contracts with public authorities, and reviewed tender documents and public procurement procedures. Caio has also advised clients on a wide range of regulatory matters (including aviation, maritime and inland shipping), implementation of compliance programs, and guidance on export control restrictions. Occasionally, Caio also advises on matters involving Portuguese and Brazilian laws as well as International trade law.
- Portugal (Advogado) 2020
- Brazil (Advogado) 2013
- Registered at the Brussels Bar 2021
- The executive body of a worldwide association - on how to minimize cartel risks arising from the implementation of United Nation's strategies for better Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance standards in portfolio investments
- A major European weapons and defence company - on how to minimize cartel risks arising from submitting joint bids to governmental defence contracts
- A major insurance company - on the requirements of and limitations to lawfully exchanging information and establishing a data pool with competitors
- A major European association of professional regulatory bodies - on how to minimize cartel risks arising from adopting certain statutory restrictions to pricing of services
- A market leading German logistics provider - on the sale of the inland waterway shipping business and obtained merger clearance from the EU Commission
- A major company active in the European weapons and defence industry - on the filing requirements for the establishment of a joint venture
- A major European postal services operator - on the requirements to lawfully obtain State aid for the expansion of its cross-border operations
- A prestigious German venture capital firm - on the requirements to lawfully obtain State aid in the form of matched equity purchase of its portfolio companies
- A major European airline - on strategies to minimize State aid risks arising from negotiating Airport Services Agreements with strategic airports
- A major transnational textiles company - on the requirements to lawfully display trademark signs on brands across different EU Member States