Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Megda Belkacemi practises employment and labour law. Her areas of focus include issues that fall under both federal and provincial jurisdictions, in particular matters related to hiring, termination, labour standards, industrial accidents and occupational diseases, occupational health and safety, human rights and freedoms, as well as the interpretation and application of collective agreements. She represents clients before administrative tribunals with jurisdiction in employment matters, and before the civil courts. As part of her practice, she has also acquired experience in the areas of access to information and privacy.
Megda's experience covers, in particular, municipal labour relations with respect to unionized and non-unionized employees. Prior to joining our Quebec City office, she practised labour and employment law in a municipal legal department.
LL.B., Laval University, 2012
- Quebec 2014
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch: Labour and Employment Law, 2024
- "Mandatory teleworking during a pandemic: the exception remains employees whose presence is essential to maintaining the employer's business," Global Workplace Insider, May 6, 2021.
- "Update: Confinement reinstated in Quebec," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, January 11, 2021.
- "Confinement reinstated in Quebec: What employers need to know," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, January 7, 2021.
- "L'obligation d'accommodement raisonnable à la suite d'une fusion d'entreprises au Québec : du maintien du lien d'emploi à la sauvegarde des conditions de travail," Global Workplace Insider, November 18, 2020.
- "COVID-19 measures implemented by the Canadian and Quebec governments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, March 18, 2020.
- "Pistes de réflexion pour une transition vers le télétravail," Proforma, June 2020.
- "Négligence criminelle causant la mort – Peine sévère imposée à un employeur," Global Workplace Insider, February 7, 2020.
- "Landmark decisions employers need to keep in mind," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, May 12, 2021.
- "La gestion des RH à l'ère de la COVID-19," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, April 7, 2020.
- "Dans la peau d'un gestionnaire RH," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, March 11, 2020.
- "Le casse-tête de l'absentéisme au travail," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, November 21, 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Junior Bar Association of Québec
- Préparation à l'Emploi (A.P.E.) Inc. workshop - director
- Member of the Race Equity Counsel, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada
- Member of the Professional Development Committee of the Jeune Barreau de Québec (JBQ)
- Member of the labour market consultation committee of the Regroupement des Jeunes chambres de commerce du Québec (RJCCQ)
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Creative and innovative orders to end systemic discrimination
Publication | June 7, 2023
Webinar | July 06, 2022
Publication | January 11, 2021