Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Peter Rogers is a director in the dispute resolution and insurance litigation team based in Cape Town.
Peter focuses his practice on professional indemnity claims and subrogated recoveries. He has acted in a number of large actions involving professional negligence claims against financial advisors, liquidators and civil and chemical engineers. He has also acted in maritime insurance disputes as well as commercial arbitrations.
Bachelor of Commerce (economics and law) - University of Cape Town
Bacheler of Laws (LLB) - University of Cape Town
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2014
- Acted for insurers in numerous high profile Covid-19 related business interruption claims
- Acted for insurers in a professional negligence claim of approximately ZAR 500 million against civil engineers following a fatal industrial fire;
- Acted for insurers in a professional negligence claim against chemical engineers in respect of waste-water treatments works in Namibia;
- Acted for insurers in a number of professional negligence claims brought against liquidators and financial advisors;
- Acted in a maritime insurance dispute following the sustained theft of imported consignments by a criminal syndicate;
- Acted for a firm of shipbuilders in a maritime arrest and contractual claim following marine casualty.