Tiffany O'Hearn Davies
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Tiffany O'Hearn DaviesvCard
Related services and key industries
Tiffany O'Hearn Davies practises in all areas of employment and labour law, including wrongful dismissal, human rights, pay equity, employment standards, labour and employee relations, grievance arbitration, and occupational health and safety matters. She has a particular focus on litigation and dispute resolution, and has appeared as counsel before the Ontario courts, the Federal Court of Appeal, and various administrative tribunals. Tiffany also provides legal and strategic advice to employers regarding workplace issues and labour relations.
Before joining us, Tiffany was an associate at a leading boutique litigation firm, where she had a broad civil litigation practice. She also completed a clerkship at the Court of Appeal for Ontario, and articled at a full-service regional firm.
- Ontario 2014
- Nova Scotia 2014
- Acted as counsel for an institutional party at the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Acted as counsel for an institutional party at the coroner's inquest into the death of Bradley Chapman
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in an action for breach of a construction contract - Renu Mamtani et. al. v CMB Contracting Group et. al., (unreported)
- Successfully appealed an order of the Licence Appeal Tribunal on behalf of the Registrar of Alcohol, Gaming and Racing regarding the suspension of a jockey's licence - Registrar of Alcohol, Gaming and Racing v. MacLaren, 2018 ONSC 6576 (CanLII)
- Successfully brought a motion to dismiss an action on the basis the plaintiff was bound by an arbitration agreement - Karasyov v McCall, 2016 ONSC 3405 (CanLII)
- Acted as co-counsel to Canadian citizens in lawsuits against the federal government for breaches of their Charter rights and other torts in respect of mistreatment and torture
- "Withdrawing as Counsel of Record – Not as Simple as it Sounds: Use of the Supreme Court of Canada's Decision in R. v. Cunningham by Administrative Tribunals in Requests to Withdraw as Counsel of Record" (co-author: Brian Gover), Canadian Journal of Administrative Law and Practice, September 2016.
- "Privacy and Confidentiality: Balancing and Protecting Privacy in Cases Involving Allegations of Sexual Violence," The Osgoode Intensive Course in Responding to Campus Sexual Violence Complaints, Osgoode Professional Development, Toronto, May 2019.
- "Border Control on the Information Superhighway: Professional Regulation in the Digital Age," Canadian Network of Agencies for Regulation Conference, Banff, AB, October 2018.
- "The Meaning of #MeToo: Regulating Sexual Misconduct Amidst Normative Change," Canadian Network of Agencies for Regulation Conference, Banff, AB, October 2018
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Toronto Lawyers' Association
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Ontario – free legal advice hotline
Webinar | May 06, 2021
Publication | October 1, 2020
Publication | June 30, 2020 - 9 AM ET
Publication | April 22, 2020 - 5 PM ET