Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- International arbitration
- Litigation and disputes
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Construction and engineering
- Employment and labor
Reka Mohan is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Singapore.
Her practice involves acting for and advising clients on cross-border disputes and international arbitration across a variety of areas, including: banking and finance-related disputes; corporate and commercial litigation; international commercial arbitration; domestic arbitration; insolvency and restructuring; and shareholder disputes.
Reka has extensive experience of working with leading Senior Counsel and Queen's Counsel where she acted for high-profile clients, including listed companies, regional and international banks and high-net-worth individuals in high-value, complex and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
She also has experience of acting for clients in international and domestic arbitrations under various procedural rules (including the Singapore International Arbitration Centre Rules) and in investor-state arbitrations.
Reka joined us after five and half years as an associate and senior associate at a leading law firm in Singapore. She has also appeared before all the levels of the Singapore courts in various disputes, including challenges to arbitral awards.
She is bilingual in English and Tamil, and has a working knowledge of Hindi.
Reka graduated on a full scholarship with a Second Upper Class Honours (L.L.B. Honours) from the National University of Singapore School of Law in 2013. She also was ranked joint third in her class in the Singapore Bar Examinations with distinctions in three subjects in the Singapore Bar Examinations in 2013 before being admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2014.
- Advocate & Solicitor (Supreme Court of Singapore, practising under section 36E of the Legal Profession Act) 2014
- Assisted Mr Lionel Leo Zhen Wei (Mr Leo) when he was appointed amicus curiae in DC Suit No. 1535 of 2012/Z when it went on appeal before the Singapore High Court. The dispute concerned novel issues of who owned social media content in a dispute between Lee Kien Meng and Cintamani Frank in Lee Kien Meng v Cintamani Frank  3 SLR 2072.
- Co-author with Mr Leo on the seminal case of AQZ v ARA  2 SLR 972 entitled "High Court Clarifies Law on Applications to Set Aside Arbitral Award for Lack of Jurisdiction" on the Singapore Law Blog.
- Assisted Mr Leo in authoring various publications including updating various chapters in the Singapore White Book 2017, Singapore Halsbury's on Civil Procedure (namely the chapters on summary judgment, default judgment, striking out of pleadings, withdrawal and discontinuance of suits and trial procedure).
- Assisted in the chapter on Discovery in the textbook Law and Practice of Commercial Litigation in Singapore (Sweet & Maxwell 2015) assisting Mr Andre Maniam, S.C.