Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Alain Lajoie is a chartered professional accountant (CPA) and investigative and forensic accounting expert (CA•IFA). For the past 20 years, he has focused his practice on forensic accounting and has been a senior partner in national and international forensic accounting firms. He has extensive business experience and has advised many companies over the years, in particular in the oil, aerospace, pharmaceutical and real estate industries, as well as in the printing, pulp and paper and telecommunication sectors. Mr. Lajoie holds the prestigious designation of Fellow (FCPA) of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, awarded for his exceptional career and his social and professional commitment.
In connection with his forensic accounting practice, he has served a select client base that includes public and private companies as well as a number of major law firms. The majority of his mandates have focused on the assessment of damages in dispute resolution, both for the plaintiffs and for the defendants, with the amounts involved sometimes reaching several hundreds of millions of dollars. He has also frequently served as a finance, financing, accounting and forensic accounting expert before the courts, and his reputation in this regard is well established.
Over his career, he has also taken part in major investigations for numerous public and private companies as well as governmental and para-public bodies, some of which have been highly publicized in the media.
With over 10 years of experience in corporate mergers and acquisitions, Mr. Lajoie has sophisticated expertise in business valuation. In this capacity, he has acted as a financial advisor to several large corporations in connection with the purchase and sale of large businesses.
Between 2017 and 2019, he was a special advisor of the transaction advisory group of the Montreal office of a large accounting firm.
- M.B.A., Western University, 1983
- B.A.A. (Accounting), Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, 1978
- Fellow of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec (FCPA) (2012)
- Fellow of the Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec (FCA) (2007)
- CA Forensic Accounting (CA•IFA), Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec (2000)
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec(1978)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Ordre des comptables en management accrédités du Québec (1978)