Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Risk advisory
- Sports law
Sophie Timms is a restructuring and insolvency lawyer based in Sydney.
Sophie acts for Australia's major banks, insolvency practitioners and corporations on a wide range of complex insolvency and restructuring matters, including voluntary administrations and liquidations. Sophie has experience in regulatory investigations and public inquiries.
Sophie has a particular interest in sports law having previously worked in state and national sporting organisations for over ten years. This includes experience working with a broad range of stakeholders including sporting clubs, broadcast partners, commercial partners, stadium management, government agencies and participants. Sophie has acted as a tribunal member for a local Australian Rules football league.
Sophie's practice focuses on formal insolvency appointments, corporate restructuring, commercial disputes and regulatory investigations.
- Masters of Management (Sport Management) with High Distinction, Latrobe University (2016)
- Juris Doctor, Latrobe University (2020)
- Graduate Diploma in Sports Law, Melbourne University (2020)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2020
- LawInSport, "Is Australia's 'Anti-Siphon List' still the best way to protect live sport broadcasts?" (2021)
- Australia New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA)
Blog | April 05, 2022
Publication | February 18, 2022
Blog | February 03, 2022