Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- International arbitration
Key industry sectors
Phoebe Miley-Dyer is a commercial dispute resolution lawyer based in Sydney.
Phoebe has trial and appellate experience across a number of Australian jurisdictions.
Phoebe was involved in the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry, as a member of a large team across multiple offices responding to document production requests including reviews for relevance and privilege.
- BA/LLB at the University of Sydney, majoring in Chinese Studies (2015).
- Semester Exchange at Sciences Po, Paris (2013).
- International Office Exchange Scholarship (2013).
- Language Certificate student at Fudan University, Shanghai (2013).
- Language Certificate student at Peking University, Beijing (2012).
- Huayu Enrichment Scholar at the National Taiwan University, Taipei (2016).
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2017
- High Court of Australia 2019
- Representing ECT/ICSID award creditors in enforcement proceedings in Australia against the Kingdom of Spain arising from solar energy investments in Spain, against a plea of sovereign immunity from the jurisdiction of Australian courts: Eiser Infrastructure Limited & Anor v Kingdom of Spain and Infrastructure Services Luxembourg S.A.R.L & Anor v Kingdom of Spain.
- An American company - in a Jakarta-seated arbitration under BANI rules against an Asian energy company arising from an exploration campaign in Indonesia.
- Corporate and financial institutions - in relation to proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia, including advising an officer of a major Australian corporate in relation to allegations of breaches of director's duties.
- Major Australian financial institutions and international investment banks - in relation to requests for information from Australian regulators, including the ASIC, the ACCC and the AUSTRAC.
- An international investment bank - in proceedings before the Supreme Court of NSW in relation to allegations of fraud.
- International corporations - in relation to cross-border regulatory investigations, including developing internal anti-bribery policies.
- A global energy and resources company - in proceedings related to the purchase of a coal mine.
- Asylum seeker applicants to Australia on a pro bono basis.
- Appearing in various Local Courts for minor or procedural listings on behalf of disadvantaged clients accused of criminal offences.
- Internship with the Office of the Co-Prosecutors at the United Nations Assistance to the Khmer Rouge Tribunal, 2016.
- Recipient of University of Sydney Chinese Studies Department T. M. Hsiao Scholarship (2012).
- Recipient of University of Sydney Scholarships (2011 - 2015).
- 1st Australian University Games, female longboard surfing (2012).
- Volunteer lawyer at the Kingsford Legal Centre
- Volunteer lawyer with the Homeless Persons' Legal Service NSW clinic 2020-present
- Community volunteer experience at the Australia Refugee Council, Juvenile Justice Centres, SPARK Program and Ponheary Ly Foundation.
- Mandarin Chinese