Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Becky Tai is a shipping finance lawyer based in Hong Kong.
She has advised on a wide range of cross-border and cross-disciplinary maritime and offshore structured financing transactions (including ECA-supported loan facilities and sale and leaseback transactions, JOLCOs, loan facilities with a flip-to-bond structure and sale and lease back transactions supported by unique investment structures) involving various types of assets (including conventional vessels, container boxes, LNG carriers, cruise ships, high-specification drilling rigs, FSRU and FLNG) with a focus on providing innovative solutions to address specific jurisdictional and structural risks.
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- CA-CIB on behalf of a syndicate of lenders on a US$326.6m KEXIM supported loan to Teekay LNG Partners LP with a bond take out option for a pre- and post-delivery financing of two LNG carriers to be chartered to Bahrain LNG and BP Gas, respectively, on delivery.
- CA-CIB and ABN AMRO on a US$390m KEXIM supported loan and guaranteed note facility for Navig8 Chemical Tankers to finance up to eighteen chemical tankers to be managed by Navig8 Group and employed in a vessel pool.
- CNOOC Energy Technology & Service Limited, Teekay LNG Partners LP, China LNG Shipping (Holdings) Limited and BW Gas Limited on four limited-recourse facilities totalling US$787m to finance four 174,400m LNG vessels built by Hudong-Zhonghua in China; the vessels will be on long-term charter to BG Group plc for the QCLNG project.
- Bank of America, National Association and other financial intuitions on a series of JOLCO financings to the wholly owned subsidiary of Sinochem International Logistics, and subsequent restructurings following the sale of Sinochem International Logistics by Sinochem International Corporation to Junzheng Energy & Chemical Group.
- Bank of America, N.A. and other lenders on financing a series of Japanese operating leases for container vessels operated by Seaspan Corporation.
- Bank of America, N.A. on financing operating leases for container vessels operated by Shanghai International Port (Group) Co., Ltd.
- China Merchants and Great Wall Strategy & Technology Fund on its investment in Shelf Drilling by way of contribution of two high-specification rigs as consideration for subscription for Shelf Drilling's shares and its follow on chartering arrangements.
- A Chinese leasing company on setting up joint ventures with other shipping companies for the acquisition of up to 23 VLOCs to be chartered to Vale.
- A Chinese leasing company on a sale and leaseback transaction for two drilling rigs for Shelf Drilling Ltd.
- A Chinese leasing company on setting up a joint venture with another PRC leasing company as lessor to finance by way of a sale and lease back structure a luxury cruise ship, supported by a unique investment structure aiming to establish recourse to a group of reputable private and sovereign funds to address the structural risk.
- A lessor on a sale and leaseback transaction for two drilling rigs for Paragon Offshore, and its subsequent restructuring.
- A Chinese leasing company in relation to the structured sale and leaseback financing of one (1) 173,400m3 FSRU for Excelerate Energy operating in Brazil under contract with Petrobras.
- A Chinese leasing company on the structured sale and leaseback financing of one LNG carrier named BW Lilac.
- A Chinese leasing company on the structured sale and leaseback financing for conversion of an FSRU to be operated by Golar LNG Limited in the floating LNG terminal located in Omišalj municipality on the island of Krk, in the Republic of Croatia; the terminal has a geopolitical and strategic dimension in the context of strengthening the European energy market and increasing the security of gas supply to European Union countries.
- A Chinese leasing company on the US$360m sale and leaseback financing of two FSRUs for Dynagas.
- A Chinese leasing company on the US$500m structured sale and leaseback financing of two passenger cruise ships for Viking Cruises Ltd.
- Next Generation Partner: Shipping Finance – Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Hong Kong 2024
- Up and Coming: Shipping: Finance (International Firms) – Chambers Greater China Region: China (incl. Hong Kong) 2024
- Mandarin Chinese