Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Ahmed is a dispute resolution lawyer based in our Dubai office.
His primary focus is on dispute resolution through international arbitration, and he has extensive experience in the infrastructure sector. Ahmed has acted for employers, contractors, subcontractors and operators on a wide range of contentious and advisory matters involving numerous landmark projects in the region. He also has experience in general commercial dispute resolution, and has acted for parties involved in England and Wales High Court litigation, mediation, conciliation and expert determination proceedings.
Ahmed has been based in the Middle East, cumulatively, for 10 years, and has lived in both the UAE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Prior to working in the region, he advised on a variety of disputes in London. In addition to the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, Ahmed has also lived in both Indonesia and Malaysia.
BA (Hons) Law and Politics – Queen Mary, University of London – 2013
PgDip Communicative Arabic – SOAS, University of London – 2014
Legal Practice Course – University of Law, London - 2015
- England and Wales 2017
- Representing a main contractor in Abu Dhabi seated ICC arbitration proceedings, concerning a UAE refinery expansion project owned by a major UAE company.
- Representing a main contractor JV, constructing a major international airport terminal, in an ICC Arbitration seated in Geneva in respect of claims brought by a subcontractor.
- Representing a contractor in respect of a FIDIC based ICC arbitration relating to a major international airport in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Advising a contractor in respect of potential ICC arbitration proceedings relating to a major infrastructure project in Qatar.
- Representing a main contractor in two DIAC arbitration proceedings against the Employer, in respect of three residential projects in Dubai.
- Representing a subcontractor in Dispute Adjudication Board proceedings in respect of an IT Network and Security Systems package for two major international airports in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Advising a main contractor in respect of ADCCAC conciliation proceedings relating to power and network upgradation works to oil fields in the UAE.
- Advising a contractor in respect of extension of time claims relating to the construction of a multi-user logistics facility in Jebel Ali, UAE.
- Advising a main contractor JV constructing a large international airport terminal in the UAE, in respect of various legal issues as part of a wider project counsel role.
- Advising an emergency response services provider in relation to a dispute with a principal for sums owed to it arising out of an incident at a refinery in the UAE.
- Advising a Dubai-based Employer in respect of specific design and supply contractual arrangements with a specialist US-based contractor.
- Advising a main contractor in relation to English Court proceedings in respect of a bond call relating to a major tourism project in St. Kitts.
- Advising a now-insolvent global financial services firm in a multi-million pound claim brought against it and others in relation to various financial services products.
- Representing a major UK financial services provider in a pensions related English High Court claim brought by a former Premier League footballer.