Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Communications, media and entertainment
- Corporate governance
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Crisis management
- Government relations and public policy
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Private equity and venture capital
- Employment and labor
- Wealth and private client
Jonathan Burton is a corporate lawyer based in Dubai and has been active in the region for over 10 years. His experience covers corporate/commercial related matters and cross-border transactions.
Jonathan has advised on cross-border mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures (in a variety of sectors including, but not limited to technology, energy, hospitality, retail, F&B, defence and security, and manufacturing), private equity transactions and foreign direct investment acting for multi-nationals, government agencies, SME's and ultra-high net worth individuals (including notable Dubai and Middle Eastern based family offices).
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan was in-house Legal Counsel for a hospitality group across Southern Africa. Before qualifying as a lawyer, he served in the British Military and brings experience which complements his technology, defence and security practice.
- Legal Practitioners Course (LPC) – The College of Law, Guildford, United Kingdom (2002)
- Bachelor's of Law (LLB Hons) - University of the West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom (2000)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2007
- An all-electric vehicle automotive brand on its funding rounds and expansion (and joint venture arrangements) into the GCC region.
- A KSA based private equity firm on their cross-border investment by way of private placement into the MENA's leading payment processing platform.
- Decision Sciences International Corporation on the supply and sale of a millimetre wave threat detection system to a GCC Government agency.
- A South African consortium on a 15-year border security tender for South Africa.
- ProtectedBy.AI, a US-based company, on the development and supply of AI based products to be sold to global intelligence agencies.
- UAE's largest real estate developer on a US$42 million level 1-3 technology outsourcing contract.
- "Grab" (Cursus Technologies) on a joint venture in the UAE and a concession agreement with Dubai International Airport.
- An online celebrity's (net worth US$1.5 billion) (family office) on a series of M&A transactions.
- A Swiss-based technology business on the development and IP protection of an advanced robotics targeting system for the UAE Government.
- A Dutch-based e-scooter start-up on its market entry and franchise agreements into the UAE and KSA.
- Urban Company on all corporate and commercial matters in the UAE and KSA.