Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Financial services and regulation
- Regulation and investigations
- Litigation and disputes
- International arbitration
Mrithula Shanker is a commercial dispute resolution lawyer based in Sydney.
Mrithula's practice focuses on acting for parties in litigation and arbitration relating to contracts, financial services, and corporations legislation. She also has extensive experience acting for financial services firms in response to regulatory investigations and advising on regulatory obligations. She has trial experience in New South Wales, the Federal Court and in England and Wales, and has experience dealing with arbitral disputes under the ICC rules.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright in Sydney, Mrithula worked for another global law firm in London.
- LLM (Distinction) at the London School of Economics (2020)
- LLB (Hons) and BA (International Relations) at the University of New South Wales (2015)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2016
- High Court of Australia 2021
- A Korean construction company in a New Delhi seated arbitration under ICC Rules against an Indian company related to the construction of a project in India.
- A major card issuer in relation to a number of "stand alone" litigation proceedings brought by major retailers alleging that the multilateral interchange fees on card transactions were levied in breach of competition laws.
- A large financial services firm on a regulatory inquiry into director misconduct.
- An investment bank on a Financial Conduct Authority investigation with respect to alleged breaches of AML, bribery and corruption obligations.
- Advising a number of large retail and international banks on compliance with financial regulatory requirements, including MiFID II, ring-fencing and SMCR and developing internal policies.
- Volunteer lawyer with the Homeless Persons Legal Service NSW Clinic
- Trustee, Maa Shanti, Domestic Violence Charity based in London
Episode 9 (June 2022): Regulation of “FinFluencers”, using blockchain in securitization, Hong Kong crypto regulation, FinTech in France, Crypto lending, crypto asset funds
Podcast | June 20, 2022
Will waiver of legal professional privilege over part of a privileged investigation report result in waiver over other parts of the report?
Publication | March 21, 2022
Publication | December 01, 2021