Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Nick Harding is an environmental, planning and safety lawyer based in London.
Nick has several years' experience advising corporate clients in the real estate, energy and infrastructure sectors.
His experience includes the negotiation of planning and highways agreements and environmental indemnities; planning and environmental due diligence of corporate and real estate transactions; advising on regulatory matters such as waste management, environmental permits and greenhouse gas emissions; and defending clients against judicial review action.
LLB(Hons), University of the West of England, Bristol, 2012
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales 2015
- A local authority development corporation - on contaminated land liability issues regarding a major redevelopment site subject to a compulsory purchase order.
- A US-based real estate investment fund - on the environmental compliance aspects of the acquisition of a UK student accommodation provider, the UK's largest private real estate transaction at the time, at circa £4bn.
- An international supermarket chain - on environmental liability provisions of contracts for the acquisition of brownfield sites for new stores.
- A renewable energy infrastructure trust - on their environmental reporting obligations under the new Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting scheme in relation to its IPO, which raised £350m.
- A US-headquartered car manufacturer - relating to the management of construction waste at one of their engine plants in the UK.
- A multinational chemicals company - in relation to an application for a Development Consent Order for an underground gas storage facility in Cheshire.
- A property investor, by repesentation at a public inquiry - in relation to the planning agreement to obtain planning permission for a £200m mixed-use scheme comprising 217 build-to-rent apartments and 106,000sqft of offices in Windsor.
- A property logistics company - regarding planning and compulsory purchase issues associated with the £202m acquisition of a 34-acrte warehouse estate in West London.
- A US-headquartered real estate investment company - regarding the acquisition of UK-based housebuilder for circa £267m; and regarding the target company's development pipeline and reporting on planning and environmental compliance.
- Negotiated several planning agreements for an international supermarket chain regarding the development of new stores.
Member of UK Environmental Law Association